*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
I got mine on Thrs on orange, on my 3GS I have perfect 3G reception everywhere I went, on iphone 4 I sometimes got perfect reception but mostly 2-3 bars. I could replicate the signal drop easily but it never disappeared altogether, I updated to 4.0.1 today and it still happens, not as fast but it still happens all the same, also the best reception I've had is 3 bars, 3GS next to it is on full...

Has the 3GS been updated to 4.0.1 also, so the bars are calculated in the same way?

Associate
no it is still on 4.0GM as I'm selling and cant be bothered to reunlock it. The signal has been fine on 3.0, 3.1.2 and 3.1.3

Soldato
no it is still on 4.0GM as I'm selling and cant be bothered to reunlock it. The signal has been fine on 3.0, 3.1.2 and 3.1.3

That's with the more optimistic calculations though. It could have been showing 5 bars when really it was only 3 or 4 with the new calculation.

Associate
Any one here who have reserved an iphone 4 on Regent Street in London who have just received their mail about picking it up?
If so can you please say the date you made your reservation?
Have been on that waiting list for 20 days today...
And nothing.
Its getting kinda pathetic.
By this point i would have had my phone earlier if i just had ordered one on the Apple home page.

Caporegime
Any one here who have reserved an iphone 4 on Regent Street in London who have just received their mail about picking it up?
If so can you please say the date you made your reservation?
Have been on that waiting list for 20 days today...
And nothing.
Its getting kinda pathetic.
By this point i would have had my phone earlier if i just had ordered one on the Apple home page.

Yeh its been about that long for me...tbh im beyond caring now...when i did put myself on there they said it could be a very long wait as they had loads of people on the list....i ended up ordering from apple around the same time i got put on the priority list...and ill probably get mine from apple quicker than the priority list...in fact ill probably get it next week but there is a 3 week wait on the iphones ordered from apple.

They need to ramp up production the clueless muppets that are Apple:p

Can you not call them and ask for an explanation? (Assuming you haven't already)

I rung them last week only to be told that im nowhere near the top of the list ie he did say it could be a few more weeks before i get one.

Soldato
Been using the phone now since launch day. Have installed loads of apps, have done a fair few video recordings, updated to 4.0.1, will hopefully be getting the FREE bumper which I don't intend to use, but overall I can say without any question, this is the best handheld device in the world. :D:D

The above seems very much like a 'fanboy' comment, however, no apple product has ever previously appealed to me. This did, and not only did it live upto expectations it has exceeded them.

I really feel sorry for all those who were seriously thinking about getting this phone and have been put off by all this antenna fiasco, because I imagine there will be a fair few people. But in reality, it doesn't affect the actual usage of the phone at all, hence why very very few people are actually returning it.

Regardless of all this, people are still queueing up and putting themselves in waiting lists to get hold of one of these and it doesn't suprise me at all. The apple product with the 'huge design flaw' won me over like non of their previous products could. :p

Associate
Yeh its been about that long for me...tbh im beyond caring now...

Thats exactly where I am now. Beyond caring.

Been trying to get one from Tesco and they have send various emails that have turned out to be wrong and the opening times of their mobile shop were also wrong and I'm still waiting for my local apple store to email me.

To be honest, the hassle of trying to get my hands on one has really put me off getting one at all.

Soldato
Been using the phone now since launch day. Have installed loads of apps, have done a fair few video recordings, updated to 4.0.1, will hopefully be getting the FREE bumper which I don't intend to p

its not FREE bumper its a free case

but if you've already got a bumper you'll get that refunded.

Soldato
its not FREE bumper its a free case

but if you've already got a bumper you'll get that refunded.

I know, but I commented on the bumper as I have actually seen those but I haven't seen these so called 'cases' which will be offered. If I actually like one I may well get it and use it but highly unlikely. :)

Edit: Are you saying they are not going to give bumpers at all, just cases? I thought it was bumper OR case???

Associate
If you go on the Apple Store and try to buy a bumper it's says they are unavailable to buy and you can get one for free sometime next week, so yes it does include the bumpers but due to demand and them not having made enough, they will also be offering third party cases.

Edit: copied from the store - iPhone 4 Bumpers are currently unavailable for sale.

Apple will offer a free iPhone 4 Bumper or other select cases to iPhone 4 customers. Details on how to order a free Bumper or case will be available soon on apple.com.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I really feel sorry for all those who were seriously thinking about getting this phone and have been put off by all this antenna fiasco, because I imagine there will be a fair few people. But in reality, it doesn't affect the actual usage of the phone at all, hence why very very few people are actually returning it.

You are entitled to your opinion, but as I have to keep pointing out, just because this has not affected you, does NOT mean it doesn't affect other people.

Soldato
If you go on the Apple Store and try to buy a bumper it's says they are unavailable to buy and you can get one for free sometime next week, so yes it does include the bumpers but due to demand and them not having made enough, they will also be offering third party cases.

Edit: copied from the store - iPhone 4 Bumpers are currently unavailable for sale.

Apple will offer a free iPhone 4 Bumper or other select cases to iPhone 4 customers. Details on how to order a free Bumper or case will be available soon on apple.com.

so based on that will you still be able to get a refund for the bumper if you already bought one and can you get a case free as well?

Or can you get away with getting a refund for your already bought bumper and getting a 2nd one for free of the website?

Associate
You can definitely get a refund for bought bumpers, but as far as anything else I think we need to wait until during the week when they reveal their plans :)

Caporegime
Is the iPhone 4 available on general sale yet on o2, or still upgrade customers only?

I'm getting peed off with the amount of time T-Mobile are taking to get their arse in gear.

Tmobile ive heard will start selling them this week...spoke to their customer services as my upgrade is due in 5 days time and they said that this week they will start selling them...dont know if they said that to keep me waiting or what.

Soldato
Tmobile ive heard will start selling them this week...spoke to their customer services as my upgrade is due in 5 days time and they said that this week they will start selling them...dont know if they said that to keep me waiting or what.

They said two weeks to me ... four weeks ago. The customer service staff seem to know nothing so just make it up as they go along. There's a lot of unhappiness on their discussion board and T-Mobile have been utterly terrible about communicating progress. They promised emails to everyone signed up, five days after the prices went up quietly on website they've not sent a single one out.

Looks like the F&F discount is getting canned and their iPhone tariffs are not as good as the competition therefore I've no incentive to stay with them really.

Last edited:
Caporegime
They said two weeks to me ... four weeks ago. The customer service staff seem to know nothing so just make it up as they go along. There's a lot of unhappiness on their discussion board and T-Mobile have been utterly terrible about communicating progress. They promised emails to everyone signed up, five days after the prices went up quietly on website they've not sent a single one out.

Looks like the F&F discount is getting canned and their iPhone tariffs are not as good as the competition therefore I've no incentive to stay with them really.

True...i dont expect them to give me any sort of stonking deals on the iphone4 but will wait to see what they say then decide...i might get one but sell it on to make some money out of it...quite happy with Tmobile and their signal for me...

Back
Top Bottom