*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
Ahahah! New Samsung ad:

thumb450samsunggalaxys.jpg

That's very clever.

Brilliant :D

Man of Honour
Just got this from Apple -

We estimate your order to be shipped by 27 Aug, 2010.
We expect your order will arrive by post to your shipping address on or before 31 Aug, 2010.

For the free case/bumper I ordered earlier :p

Man of Honour
Any chance of waiting out and getting a white bumper do you think?

I doubt it.

I was fairly sure Apple said at the press conference they wouldn't be able to manufacture enough bumpers so were just offering cases.

I was surprised we even had the option of a black one!

Soldato
gota atomated free refund email for the bumper i got with mine, as for those with long shipping dates ir ordered one after i got my iphone4g and it said 3 weeks waiting time but it arrived in 2 days

Soldato
Latest T mobile rumour mill is that they will have iP4's ready for release by the 2nd of August. I'll believe it when I see it. :rolleyes:

My contract with 'em ends 31st July. Got my options open and registered interest with a few other providers. I'm happy to wait till August but if I don't hear anything "concrete" from TMob, I'm moving elsewhere. Been with 'em for years now, no hassle really. Prefer to stay but the way they have handled this whole iPhone 4 issue as far as customer information goes has been absolutely awful.

Soldato
I expect whatever stock of other colours they may have they'l keep hold of as they know they're in demand.

The black ones will flood the market and be less desirable but people will still be willing to buy the coloured ones down the line.

Associate
Does any one know where in the manchester area I could pick up an iphone4. Is it only the apple shops I can get it without a contract or can I get it from other phone/ pc eqipment stores? I think the only places near me with an apple shop is the arndale in manchester and the store at the trafford centre.

Thanks all

Caporegime
Latest T mobile rumour mill is that they will have iP4's ready for release by the 2nd of August. I'll believe it when I see it. :rolleyes:

My contract with 'em ends 31st July. Got my options open and registered interest with a few other providers. I'm happy to wait till August but if I don't hear anything "concrete" from TMob, I'm moving elsewhere. Been with 'em for years now, no hassle really. Prefer to stay but the way they have handled this whole iPhone 4 issue as far as customer information goes has been absolutely awful.

Exactly the same position im in...my upgrade is actually tommorrow:p but seeing as they havent got any iphone4's in stock...ill just wait till they start hassling me to upgrade...once they do then ill see what sort of deal they will do for me.

Xez

Xez

Associate
Exactly the same position im in...my upgrade is actually tommorrow:p but seeing as they havent got any iphone4's in stock...ill just wait till they start hassling me to upgrade...once they do then ill see what sort of deal they will do for me.

My upgrade is also tomorrow! I'm hoping I can haggle Orange down a bit otherwise I'll have to wait a few more months and move providers! Seems Orange and T-mobile are charging a lot for the handsets compared to everyone else :(

Soldato

If you're moving to a new provider, check their signal strength where you live/work/play. And I mean check with a mobile not their website signal maps.

I changed to vodafone going off their signal maps and they were completely in-accurate!

Associate
Does any one know where in the manchester area I could pick up an iphone4. Is it only the apple shops I can get it without a contract or can I get it from other phone/ pc eqipment stores? I think the only places near me with an apple shop is the arndale in manchester and the store at the trafford centre.

Thanks all

I picked mine up from Arndale branch today but I had been waiting 3 weeks for it . Loving it so far!

Associate
I picked mine up from Arndale branch today but I had been waiting 3 weeks for it . Loving it so far!

I am assuming then that there is going to be a waiting list at most of the stores and I am going to be struggling to go to an apple store today and pick one up. Is there any where other than the apple stores to pick on up not on contract?

Associate
I am assuming then that there is going to be a waiting list at most of the stores and I am going to be struggling to go to an apple store today and pick one up. Is there any where other than the apple stores to pick on up not on contract?

O2, CPW have got loads in stock but I don't think they'll let you buy it. I'm in Arndale tomorrow so will confirm and get back to you :)

Associate
Just called the trafford centre and the wait is over a month, he said that is typical across all of the stores across the uk. Never mind, I'll just have to hand on to my painfully slow 3G :(

Edit: Does anyone know how I can check what my current tarriff is with o2 so I can compare to the iphone 4 tarriffs. I currently have "unlimited" data and all the iphone 4 tarriffs show a limit to useage. I just wanted to know if mine is actually unlimited or if there is small print somewhere that does put a limit on it. Also, is 500mb a month ok for light usage browsing websites, downloading the odd app? I have no idea how much I currently use.

Edit 2: Just looked in the useage menu on my iphone and it had cellular network data these but does anyone know if that means all time usage or monthly etc?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom