*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Caporegime
Does anyone know what the shipping is like on apple??...it said on my order that my order was estimated to be shipped by yesterday but no email or anything etc....im meant to get this flippin phone on or around the 3rd of august...so im getting quite fed up of this shambolic situation.

Man of Honour
Think yourself lucky that you aren't having to wait for T Mobile to get their fingers out of their collective bottoms. :p

They'll be the ones feeling it, think how many customers they've just gone and lost.

Or well, perhaps not, as they're now merged with Orange. Maybe its deliberate? :eek:

Caporegime
Think yourself lucky that you aren't having to wait for T Mobile to get their fingers out of their collective bottoms. :p

LOL tbh im not that bothered about Tmobile and whether they get the iphone4 or not...im quite happy sitting on the tariff i am on...only reason why im getting one through tmobile is to sell it straight away once i get it.

But it really is shambolic that they cant seem to get their iphone4's out...they have listed the tariffs for the past few weeks but yet nothing saying they are selling them.

Maybe Robboftw is right...their merger with Orange might be causing teh delays.

Soldato
Just called the trafford centre and the wait is over a month, he said that is typical across all of the stores across the uk. Never mind, I'll just have to hand on to my painfully slow 3G :(

Edit: Does anyone know how I can check what my current tarriff is with o2 so I can compare to the iphone 4 tarriffs. I currently have "unlimited" data and all the iphone 4 tarriffs show a limit to useage. I just wanted to know if mine is actually unlimited or if there is small print somewhere that does put a limit on it. Also, is 500mb a month ok for light usage browsing websites, downloading the odd app? I have no idea how much I currently use.

Edit 2: Just looked in the useage menu on my iphone and it had cellular network data these but does anyone know if that means all time usage or monthly etc?

Usage is since you started using the iPhone. 500MB is fine for general usage, but if you start to streaming music/videos over 3G on a regular basis you'll soon hit the cap.

Soldato
I've officially given up on T-Mobile, after being with them since 1999.

I'll either be going with Orange or 02. What's the best way of getting hold of one retail?

I'm going to wait until 2nd August for TMob to at least say something realistic but after that, I'm off. Been a long standing customer for years with a phone, USB broadband dongle and my wife is also with them.

As far as getting a handset from O2 or Orange, all I can see so far to do is register your interest online. AFAIK, O2 are only releasing iP4's to existing customers, not sure about Orange but they appear to be sold out also.

Soldato
I'm going to wait until 2nd August for TMob to at least say something realistic but after that, I'm off. Been a long standing customer for years with a phone, USB broadband dongle and my wife is also with them.

As far as getting a handset from O2 or Orange, all I can see so far to do is register your interest online. AFAIK, O2 are only releasing iP4's to existing customers, not sure about Orange but they appear to be sold out also.

What about a visit to the Apple store?

Man of Honour
Don't really want to pay full price for a sim free one. Happy to stump up anything up to £150 up front for a handset but not the full bifta. :D

If its a 32GB one you want, you'll probably be on over a £40 PM contract if you only want to pay that, 16GB isn't so bad.

Edit, will be about £45 per month on Orange for £190 on a 32GB :eek:

Commissario
OP
How are google apps users setting up their mail accounts on iOS 4 then? Still using exchange or the improved "gmail" account type?

I use the 'gmail' account setting with it set to fetch every 15 minutes. I don't like the enforced 1 minute lock when using it as an exchange account.

Soldato

Just walked into the local Orange store. Waiting on the credit check to clear, then I'm an iPhone owner.

Associate
Those of you on O2 have any of you's upgraded by phone, I work stupid hours and cant get to an O2 store in the morning and every time i get there they are always sold out.

Back
Top Bottom