*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
Hey all,

Picked up my IP4 upgrade from an o2 shop today, I am trying to activate it but am getting the error message in itunes "The sim card inserted into this iphone does not seem to be supported".

It's the o2 sim they gave me with the phone and my number has transfered across (my old sim is in my 3G and it says no service).

Anyone come across this before?

Thanks

Matt

Soldato
Just checked on the online Store, they do indeed do contracts as in they will sell you an iP4 and hook you up with a carrier / provider.

Hmmm, interesting. Ta for the "heads up", as I said I had no idea they did this. :)

Soldato
Got mine today on my o2 upgrade - huge improvement from my 3g. The screen has to be used for a longish period to show how amazing it is! So So Clear! facebook and twitter look much clearer than they did and everything is lightening fast!

Associate
Despite great care of how and where I place my phone down etc I just discovered a very small scratch that's actually deep to the extent of almost being a small chip. It's on the back though so not the end of the world. I can stop babying the phone so much as well now lol

Soldato
Despite great care of how and where I place my phone down etc I just discovered a very small scratch that's actually deep to the extent of almost being a small chip. It's on the back though so not the end of the world. I can stop babying the phone so much as well now lol

Haha me to, I'm forever buffing mine up.....What does everyone else use to clean theres?

Man of Honour
Do you use any cleaning product thought?? I use a cleaning cloth that came with my T.V and I find it just smudges the finger prints

No, just the cloth, seems to do the job perfectly.

I would assume its similar to the one that comes with a TV, I've lost the one that came with my TV so cant check :p

Associate
Hey all,

Picked up my IP4 upgrade from an o2 shop today, I am trying to activate it but am getting the error message in itunes "The sim card inserted into this iphone does not seem to be supported".

It's the o2 sim they gave me with the phone and my number has transfered across (my old sim is in my 3G and it says no service).

Anyone come across this before?

Thanks

Matt

Turned out to be a faulty unit and a known fault with a certain batch of phones (as confirmed with the workers in the apple store). Swapped the phone for another and all is well (although it took 2 return trips to the Trafford centre to get sorted, I hate the trafford centre at the best of times.)

Can someone recommend a good IP4 wallpaper website?

Associate
Thanks, still not found a wallpaper I am happy with so will have to look at making my own. Any suggestions as to where to get a case for the phone? I have ordered the free bumper but it's 3-5 weeks so could do with something sooner rather than later.

Thanks

Matt

Associate
I experienced my first(i believe) issue with my iphone signal.

I was in the cinema, waiting on the film to start, and my mate (same network) was able to browse the net, but I had no signal.

Even these free cases cant fix that!

Back
Top Bottom