*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Caporegime
You were doing it wrong. The "subject" box is actually split into two horizontally. Top portion is the subject (if text is entered here it becomes an mms), and the bottom half is the message itself.

So to send a regular SMS you would just enter contact and the lower section of the text box.

As has been mentioned already though, much simpler to turn off "subject" box (mine was by default). This means a message is sent as an mms only if you chose an attachment and actually select to send as mms.

Yes well it works now lol...i turned off the subject field so thats fixed it...although before doing that even if i didnt add the subject field it would still send as mms but trying it again ie turning subject field back on and not putting in the subject...it sends it as a normal sms....strange but probably something to do with the fact that my sms werent being sent even after turning off subject field...got it sorted out with tmobile, they sent me the settings for the service center.

Soldato
Guys can anyone help....
if im browsing on the iphone and someone rings and i answer and talk via handsfree can i still use the internet at the same time?
Thanks guys

Soldato
Hey guys, after years of avoiding the temptation i caved and got an iphone today, only thing is I'm wondering is there a quick way to get all the contacts from my google account? I've synced it to my googlemail but contacts doesn't seem to be an option to select?

Soldato
Hey guys, after years of avoiding the temptation i caved and got an iphone today, only thing is I'm wondering is there a quick way to get all the contacts from my google account? I've synced it to my googlemail but contacts doesn't seem to be an option to select?

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Add Account.

Once you've added your Google account, you can choose to sync, mail, contacts and calendars. So if you just want contacts, obviously don't select mail and calendar. :)

Xee

Xee

Associate
Not sure if this is a iPhone 4 problem or not, but it's happening on my new iPhone 4!

If I use mail exchange for Gmail, using the search function at the top of the inbox does not work. I get a popup box "Can not get mail" - "The connection to the server failed".

Now if I set my Gmail up using the Gmail setup (not using exchange), then search works great.

Is there a way to get it to work on exchange? Or anyone else come across this problem?

Soldato
see that's the odd bit, I've done settings, mail, contact, calendars added my googlemail account (have an android phone as well which has stored all my numbers to this account) synced it and now if i click on the googlemail (through iphone) account it shows: mail on, calendars on, notes on, archive messages on. There's no option to sync contacts? do you think it might be worth deleting the account and starting again?

Soldato
Yesssssss writing from my shiny new iPhone :)

Quick question, say I'm writing a long text message, the text box expands. Is it possible to hide the keyboard so i can scroll through the previous messages in the thread?

Xee

Xee

Associate

If you sync your contacts via iTunes u will get all you contacts in one bunch regardless of groups setup I'm your gmail.
If you sync via using Exchange you get all the contacts listed in "My Contacts" group. Other groups will be ignored.

Been setting this up today and have automatic sync for all my contacts and multiple calendars. It's fast to almost instant sync when viewing laptop and iPhone side by side.

Back
Top Bottom