*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
Ok, Had the phone up and running since Saturday now and love it.

The only thing that is annoying me so far is pressing mute with my face / ear whilst on a call, I've only made/received about 10 calls and at least 8 of them I have put on mute or I've pressed the keypad and starting pressing numbers.

Anyway to stop this?

Associate
Ok, Had the phone up and running since Saturday now and love it.

The only thing that is annoying me so far is pressing mute with my face / ear whilst on a call, I've only made/received about 10 calls and at least 8 of them I have put on mute or I've pressed the keypad and starting pressing numbers.

Anyway to stop this?

The proximity sensor should be turning off the display and touch screen when your face is close to the phone......

There have been some reported issues with the prox sensor, but supposedly intermittent, fairly rare and almost certainly software-related. Perhaps your sensor is faulty?

Associate
The proximity sensor should be turning off the display and touch screen when your face is close to the phone......

There have been some reported issues with the prox sensor, but supposedly intermittent, fairly rare and almost certainly software-related. Perhaps your sensor is faulty?

:( poop

Just had another call, I read somewhere that to work around this you make the call and then put it on a picture or something. So I tried that and whilst I was on the call I turned the picture off, put the call on hold and then went through my contacts and tried to call someone else.

Very annoying.

Associate
3g is worth £180-£220 on fleabay right now, still need to get round to selling mine

Whoa, I gave my 3G to my girlfriend. When I gave it to her my phone was absolute mint - kept in a microfibre case, and not a single scratch.

She threw the phone in her bag with her keys. I cried inside :(

Associate
Just spoken with three, they're in discussion with apple currently and they should have a solution by the end of the week. They also looking to broadcast the issue on their site now, they had held off as it's not affecting all customers and not all app install attempts, very intermittent.

I'm certainly happy to wait for the solution. You can still install apps over wi-fi or via computer, and the problem doesn't affect every download attempt anyway.

I agree, this should never have been a problem, but it's not exactly worth leaving for when a solution is on it's way.

Associate
Maybe, but If three are so **** why did you sign up to a presumably 24 month contract? I agree, should have been spotted earlier, but same could be said for the phones antenna issues.

Soldato
Maybe, but If three are so **** why did you sign up to a presumably 24 month contract? I agree, should have been spotted earlier, but same could be said for the phones antenna issues.

i signed to 3 on a 24 month contract thinking that i would have an issue with the app store, if they had no issue with the app store i wiould still be with them now
as for spotting the issue, its nothing like the antenna issue, apple will give all carriers access to how the app store works with codeing a programing etc etc, 3 should have discovered this when in the migration stage, funny how no other new carriers have the issue, orange or tmo or voda, its just 3, and the straw that broke the camels back was the fact when i called support on friday i was told in a roundabout way, dont expect a fix within the next 10 days ! yeah nice one 3

Caporegime
Iphone4 Tmobile problem

Right still enjoying my iphone4 that i ordered from Apple...at the moment im using a tmobile sim card which i cut down as i didnt fancy paying tmobile £10 to give me a micro sim card.

Everything seems to work fine but i cant seem to send sms texts....personally im not using the phone for that but id like to have it there just in case of an emergency.

Now when i go into messages and compose a new message...i get only MMS but no sms...i can receive sms and mms fine...i can also send mms as well but cant get just sms to work.

Any idea as to why thats happening??...i spoke to tmobile who were utterly useless, wouldnt help me because i didnt buy the phone with them but cant see why that would matter as when ive had problems with my BB's they are more than happy to help...i dont buy my BB's from tmobile either. I spoke to apple and they werent much help other than to wipe the phone then set it up as a new iphone but i know for a fact that when i did it the first time round i didnt get any messages about setting up my sms/mms etc.

So if anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening then please post.

Associate
Spawn, you used the tmobile sim on a previous phone, and sent SMS from that?

I remember my "new" Orange phones (which all came with a new SIM, years ago now) would compose MMS but so SMS until the SIM card registered with the network properly.

Caporegime
Spawn, you used the tmobile sim on a previous phone, and sent SMS from that?

I remember my "new" Orange phones (which all came with a new SIM, years ago now) would compose MMS but so SMS until the SIM card registered with the network properly.

Well originally the sim was in a HTC Desire which i sent a few texts from but then sold it....the only other phone i have is my BB9700 but that doesnt take the micro sim card.

Think ill just wipe it after backing it up as i have quite a few apps and photos on there....wipe it then set it up as a new phone then restore the backup.

Shouldnt be a problem doing it that way??

Associate
Could it be a network carrier setting somewhere?

How is it that you can't send SMS? The composer is just the text box right... or is it that SMS arrive as MMS?

EDIT:

Disclaimer - I've not tried any of these codes myself, so no idea if they will help you!

If you're receiving a sending error, you could try the following codes to set the T-mobile SMS centre number (+447958879879):

**5005*7672*+447958879879#

I presume the +44 prefix is fine, otherwise replace it with a zero. Also some users report just using a single * at the beginning.

Seems you can also view the current setting with *#5005*7672#

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom