*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

I payed for my sim £10 only as I was to cheap to get a micro sim cutter and tried with scissors and cocked it up. I have seen guides on YouTube showing how to cut one down properly.

Thinking of upgrading now actually, anybody have any ideas what my 3GS should be worth? The bay of e is hopeless as it's anywhere between £250 and £350!

Launch day 3GS.
16Gb.
Apple has replaced the entire screen assembly today (thus screen is scratch-less)
Applecare until 20th June 2011.
Lived it's entire life in a case and thus only has tiny scratches were dust has worked away at the surface (IE, 99% mint).

The minimum I would accept would be £300 for it, as the i4 isn't worth £200 more. :/

If you want no messing around with eBay, postage and potential time wasters etc. If you take your 3Gs 16Gb into the store, they will give you £214 instant cash (more if you are prepared to wait 30 days). Buy iPhone 4 while your there.

If you want no messing around with eBay, postage and potential time wasters etc. If you take your 3Gs 16Gb into the store, they will give you £214 instant cash (more if you are prepared to wait 30 days). Buy iPhone 4 while your there.

£214!?

LOL, the iPhone 4 is not really worth £200 let alone £286 over my 3GS.

I think I may stick to my plan and sod this generation. You can buy a 3G for £225 which is ridiculous seeing as the 3GS can actually do most of what iOS 4 is offering!

£214!?

LOL, the iPhone 4 is not really worth £200 let alone £286 over my 3GS.

I think I may stick to my plan and sod this generation. You can buy a 3G for £225 which is ridiculous seeing as the 3GS can actually do most of what iOS 4 is offering!

Or, get a HTC Desire for £300. That betters your 3GS :)

Or, get a HTC Desire for £300. That betters your 3GS :)

Apart from loosing 1Password, iTunes sync, MobileMe and all the apps that i've bought, yes, i'll swap.

The iPhone is a package for me, and thus all these other manufacturers have to beat the package, but they won't :p

Besides I've tried one and wasn't impressed at all.

Apart from loosing 1Password, iTunes sync, MobileMe and all the apps that i've bought, yes, i'll swap.

The iPhone is a package for me, and thus all these other manufacturers have to beat the package, but they won't :p

Well, I dont think you would admit it if you were.

You love the iPhone, thats fair enough.

Well, I dont think you would admit it if you were.

You love the iPhone, thats fair enough.

Well as far as I see it these other manufactures are competing for my business, therefore they have to offer me something Apple don't with the iPhone as well as make me go WOW, I want!!!11 And for me they actually offer... less... which isn't exactly going to win me over.

I require simplicity and integration, only the iPhone offers that. ;)

Got it in one. The people at work appear to be split 50/50 between the iPhone and Android (usually the Desire) in a quick straw poll.

The iPhone ain't perfect, but as a combination/integrated device to replace a number of others it offers the best package for me. Biggest factor is that it's replacing a 7 year old iPod which has a lot of iTunes content behind it.

I'm not being vain, I'd rather not have to burn off and re-import 400+ locked iTunes tracks to another format or spend £100+ on a replacement iPod to go along with another (smart)phone.

If it lasts me as long as the iPod (or my last Sony Ericsson phone) did then it's a few hundred quid well spent.

Very please with my IP4 upgrade.

However how do you adjust the bluetooth volume??????

When on a call in my van on bluetooth handsfree i cannot adjust the volume any more. Speaker & Handset volume can be adjuested as normal./

I'm not being vain, I'd rather not have to burn off and re-import 400+ locked iTunes tracks to another format or spend £100+ on a replacement iPod to go along with another (smart)phone.

Clever buggers aren't they, inducing customer intertia by locking iTunes tracks. Exactly why I steer clear of Apple products...I need something that plays FLAC, MP3 etc. willynilly. Not trolling, I would love to be persuaded as to why being stuck with iTunes is such a great thing.

A while ago, you couldn't buy music without DRM, including iTunes. Now, almost all of the main retailers have removed DRM, including iTunes. If you were stupid enough to buy DRM'ed music, then of course you're going to be locked into a platform.

If you buy anything from iTunes today (now iTunes plus - higher bitrate, no DRM is standard), you can take it wherever you like. Or you can buy music from Amazon or anyone, and play that wherever you like.

Clever buggers aren't they, inducing customer intertia by locking iTunes tracks. Exactly why I steer clear of Apple products...I need something that plays FLAC, MP3 etc. willynilly. Not trolling, I would love to be persuaded as to why being stuck with iTunes is such a great thing.

There's no DRM on iTunes music any more! MagicBoy presumably has some tracks from the time when iTunes did have DRM, but music you download now can be moved to any device.

And an iPod or iPhone will play MP3s, though it won't play FLAC.

My girlfriends thinking about getting a iphone 4, however her banks online banking segment requires java. Does java work on iphones now?? I seem to only be able to find old info regarding this subject, when Apple most certainly didn't support it. Does it now?

My girlfriends thinking about getting a iphone 4, however her banks online banking segment requires java. Does java work on iphones now?? I seem to only be able to find old info regarding this subject, when Apple most certainly didn't support it. Does it now?

I don't think it does support Java.

Is there not an app for the bank in question?

Wiki -

iOS does not support Adobe Flash or Java. Websites that use these technologies cannot be viewed in full using iOS devices. In an open letter explaining why iOS does not support Flash, Steve Jobs called the Adobe product insecure, buggy, battery-intensive, and incompatible with a touch interface. iOS 4 does support HTML5 as an alternative to Flash.

Steve Jobs is such a moron :p

Until the switchover mainstream ( a long time away tbh ) to HTML 5 happens, Flash and Java on the iPhone isn't happening. Really annoying, it was one of the things that I considered before going for an iPhone 4 over an Android based mobile. I went for the iPhone4 though and I'm quite happy.

Thinking of upgrading now actually, anybody have any ideas what my 3GS should be worth? The bay of e is hopeless as it's anywhere between £250 and £350!

Launch day 3GS.
16Gb.
Apple has replaced the entire screen assembly today (thus screen is scratch-less)
Applecare until 20th June 2011.
Lived it's entire life in a case and thus only has tiny scratches were dust has worked away at the surface (IE, 99% mint).

The minimum I would accept would be £300 for it, as the i4 isn't worth £200 more. :/

Sold mine in mint condition with extended applecare warrenty last week for £350, money is all in my personal bank account.

Back
Top Bottom