*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Man of Honour
Nope, it's a design flaw.

Apple are giving out free bumpers or cases, but these make your iPhone 4 look cack.

I personally have just stuck a piece of Sellotape/Sticky-Back-Plastic over the bottom left corner of my iPhone 4.

Careful, you might set off the non-issue Apple heroes :(

I personally use my phone on a good network and don't care about a single bar signal loss.

This is also a stupid point to make, I shouldn't need to explain why (again).

Man of Honour
So does the issue really effect the iPhone that much?

e.g. to the point where you can't use it?

If you are in a low signal area, then yes, you may well experience issues like the signal (and calls) dropping.

If you usually have full signal or close to full signal, you shouldn't find it to be much of an issue.

If you are making a call in a bad area, you can remove the problem by not touching the problem part of the phone, but you shouldn't be expected to do that (even though its not really much trouble).

Soldato
Looking to get an iPhone 4 when my T-Mobile contract is up - but they appear to only offer 24month contracts :(

Any good 18month deals - unlimited txts & high internet allowance preferred, minutes dont bother me!

P.S. - I take it carriers don't brand this phone, I know Vodafone and Orange do this a lot and it ruins phones imo

Soldato
Looking to get an iPhone 4 when my T-Mobile contract is up - but they appear to only offer 24month contracts :(

Any good 18month deals - unlimited txts & high internet allowance preferred, minutes dont bother me!

P.S. - I take it carriers don't brand this phone, I know Vodafone and Orange do this a lot and it ruins phones imo

I was going to wait till my T-Mobile contract is up at the end of the year and get one through them. I worked out it was cheaper for me to buy the phone from Apple and keep my contract at the current rate (or lower if I can blag it).

Associate
Anyone have info when the white iphone 4 is coming out?

I still have my 3gs on o2 and waiting for the problems to be sorted before upgrading, and would prefer the white one :)

Man of Honour

Apple will not allow any form of branding on the iPhone. So you dont ever have to worry about that.

With regard to deals, just have a look around the Orange/Vodafone websites, they do 18 month contracts. There aren't really any 'great' deals due to the demand of the phone.

Anyone have info when the white iphone 4 is coming out?

I still have my 3gs on o2 and waiting for the problems to be sorted before upgrading, and would prefer the white one :)

It may not even be this year, so you may be waiting a while.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Got my iPhone 4 on tuesday, sorted the PAC / transfer from O2 (to Tesco) today.

Coming from a 3G, I'm blown away. The screen is simply amazing. Really, really happy. Tried to get the signal to drop with the death grip but the nearest I can manage is 2 bars dropping. At work I get full 3G, so it doesn't matter how I hold it, but at home where the coverage is 1 bar of 3G then it drops to EDGE. No biggie for me as it's on Wi-Fi then.

I have 1 dead pixel on the screen (tiny black dot) and Tesco have agreed to replace it when they get stock but honestly I'm not bothered about it and will just swap it out when they get some in after the bank holiday.

For speed, I'd give it 10/10 compared to the 3G.

Soldato
Agreed, the Android one is way better.

If the android browser had an option of multi zoom double tap (rather than just x2) it would be unbeatable! At least they added a double tap flash content to fill the page in 2.2.
As a heavy BBC news/sport page user I don't think I could ever go back to a flashless browser :)

Still, the 'checkerboard' effect people complain about is one of the main factors for decent battery life! Safari is unbelievably resource efficient compared to the android browser.

So any news on the white one?
Heard a few rumors about it getting a signal fix and a speed boost to justify keeping the black one in production (the A4 running a nearer 1ghz)
________
LIST OF PENNY STOCKS

Last edited:
Soldato
I can believe that, the bumpers are just... horrid.

Been using a bumper for weeks and just checked my phone...

255u9fs.jpg

27xfew2.jpg

He's clearly got something under it, same would happen with any case.

Man of Honour

Well, when I had mine on for a few days I noticed that dust/crud collected easily around the edges of the bumper, it just looked poor :(

It could easily be a one off but I wouldn't be surprised if there were issues with these.

Soldato

Well, when I had mine on for a few days I noticed that dust/crud collected easily around the edges of the bumper, it just looked poor :(

It could easily be a one off but I wouldn't be surprised if there were issues with these.

I had the same problem as him, however, 99% has rubbed off with a bit of perserverance.

Associate
Bull. Looks more like he's dropped it, or had it in his pocket with his keys.

Not surprised Apple replaced it though.

Looks a little bit like moisture corrosion. Maybe has been in a dump environment for a few hours which has remained under the band for a while.

No problem here having had bumper on all the time since received couple months ago.

Back
Top Bottom