*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Don
I've been advised by an Apple guy to restore the phone and see if this rectifies the problem I'm having, can't see it myself tbh but worth a try. Is there a way of wiping it to the software version when I bought it on via the phone?

Also does anyone use a specific apple/iPhone support forums so I can see if anyone has similar issue to me.

Last edited:
Associate
Indeed, the 802.11n chip in the iPhone 4 is pretty good. Get great download speeds when downloading stuff from the iTunes store (podcasts, etc) on my iPhone 4.

Soldato
It's not only excellent on your home network, I have found it to be very good when out and about, hotel wifi and other hotspots etc. There's a Maccy D's over the other side of the street from my work and I can pick up and hook into their Cloud wifi from my building. :p

Soldato
Has anyone had the overheating problem at all?

I just pulled my iPhone out of my jeans pocket, and the iPhone was showing that it was overheating and needed to cool down.

30 seconds later, the phone was fine :confused:

Anyone heard of this before?

Xee

Xee

Associate
Can you FaceTime from an iPhone 4 to a iPhone 3Gs? As in the person on the 3Gs will be able to see me, but I won't be able to see them (obviously as they don't have a front facing camera). Both phones running iOS4, both non-jailbroken.

Soldato
Had my iPhone 4 delivered on launch day, and to this date have yet to encounter a single issue. At with my previous iPhone 3G the thing is just flawless.

Not a single call dropped via useless o2 inside and outside London, browsing is on and off with this network obviously.

I've got a rubbish invis shield on the back of my unit, which is already beginning to peel off so I need to look at alternatives as I am not a case man. The front screen is still scratch-free and naked so far.

Good stuff!

Soldato
Has anyone had the overheating problem at all?

I just pulled my iPhone out of my jeans pocket, and the iPhone was showing that it was overheating and needed to cool down.

30 seconds later, the phone was fine :confused:

Anyone heard of this before?

yeah there was post in this thread somewere with this issue
the guy took it to an apple store and they replaced it
if it happens more and more id get it changed
i think it was a dondge sensor he said
if you search this thread you should find it

@ kainz

i must have sent close to £70 on screen sheilds since i had my iphone4
the best you can buy that ive tested are gear4 screen sheilds, if you use zagg's 1. if you dont get it right 1st time your ****** 2. bubbles 3. they lift when you put a case on or around
i cant rate the gear4's enough with my belkin gipvue case

Last edited:
Soldato
This new dock seems to be missing something. WORK FASTER CHINESE SLAVE CHILDREN.

b57aa846.jpg

Associate
i must have sent close to £70 on screen sheilds since i had my iphone4
the best you can buy that ive tested are gear4 screen sheilds, if you use zagg's 1. if you dont get it right 1st time your ****** 2. bubbles 3. they lift when you put a case on or around
i cant rate the gear4's enough with my belkin gipvue case

I have to say, the gear4 screen shields are pretty damn good. Got mine (out of pure convinience) from an o2 shop. Wasnt really expecting them to be any good, but they really are. Took me a while to get the back one on, although its the first time I have ever applied a screen protector. The front went on in seconds however, so I put the back down to my noob-ness. They are also working happily with my case!

Highly recommended

Man of Honour
Griffin case arrived today!! Didn't even get a dispatch email so I was a little tentative when opening the package :D case looks great compared to my old 3G silicon case I was using, just need a new screen protector and maybe a leather case for extra safety.

Back
Top Bottom