*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Man of Honour
Quick question to save me having to sift through millions of threads on here and google, can you still Jailbreak with the latest firmware, or not?

Soldato
I should add, that's a no to using Jailbreakme.com there might be other ways to jailbreak that I don't know about.

Easiest way will be downgrade the firmware and jailbreak using that website though.

Soldato
My auto brightness doesnt seem to be working on my iP4 :s anyone else having issues?

Have you had an iPhone before? My iPhone 4 is my fourth iPhone so I'm kinda used to the naff implementation of Auto-Brightness by now :(.

I don't know the exact maths, but to me it seems that the Auto-Brightness adjusts the screen within ± 10% of the level you've set. Mine is set to be 100% normally, so then Auto-Brightness will take it to 90% in a pitch black room... burns my eyes out!

Would be far better if it adjusted with the range of the whole scale.

Last edited:
Associate
Never had a issue with the Auto Brightness, has worked fine on all 3 generations of iPhone I've had

100% brightness setting ??? Your battery life must be amazing.... Lol

Haven't made the step to iPhone 4 as they haven't been released here yet and I'll be holding off when they do arrive until the new jailbreak is out....

Xee

Xee

Associate
Anyone jailbroken their iPhone 4 over 3G? Also any reason for holding off jailbreaking just now? Like better jailbreak methods coming? New Apple firmware coming soon? Missing the functionality of my jailbroken 3Gs :(

Also you can press the top of the screen in safari to scroll quickly to the top. Is there an opposite method for scrolling down? Like on a desktop you would press/hold space bar.

Soldato
Quick question...

Have apple sorted out the signal issue with iPhone 4?

My contract is up soon and I'm looking at getting one.

Thanks.

Soldato
Quick question...

Have apple sorted out the signal issue with iPhone 4?

My contract is up soon and I'm looking at getting one.

Thanks.

Nope, it's a design flaw.

Apple are giving out free bumpers or cases, but these make your iPhone 4 look cack.

I personally have just stuck a piece of Sellotape/Sticky-Back-Plastic over the bottom left corner of my iPhone 4.

Back
Top Bottom