********** The all new "Official" iPhone 4S thread - Keep all the iPhone 4S stuff in here **********

Soldato
I think that it's a real shame. I've always maintained that even at their worst, HTC have the best design on the Android side of the market. However their software has always been extremely poorly optimised - one of the biggest gripes, aside from my terrible warranty service experience with them.

Thats a fair point, I know I'd have to send my handset away if there was an issue and wait for upto 14 days, where as you can book a genius meeting and 9 times out of 10 get a replacement or simple yes we can repair or no we can't either way better than a 2 week wait but a drive to the store is still needed

Soldato
Thats a fair point, I know I'd have to send my handset away if there was an issue and wait for upto 14 days, where as you can book a genius meeting and 9 times out of 10 get a replacement or simple yes we can repair or no we can't either way better than a 2 week wait but a drive to the store is still needed

Thing is that I wouldn't have minded the wait if HTC had actually fixed my problem.

Phone had an extremely prominent orange patch in the middle of the camera, and the display clicked like mad when slightly warm. Was getting worse over time. Sent it back to them hoping for a repair, and it comes back with a new casing, which of course, does nothing. After further argument with HTC, I send it out again, and it comes back with yet another new casing. I demand a replacement, after escalating the case they say that they will give me a call at lunch, three days of email communications saying they'll call me in the next couple of hours, no call. Then they say they'll do a replacement if I send it back. Send it back for the third time, comes back with no work done.

That doesn't include the two times they arranged pick up for the phone when I told them specifically not to.

Apple's "Genius" bar staff might be arrogant as hell and know nothing in reality, but at least you can get a result out of them.

Soldato
Gents

Anywhere cheaper to get Power Support HD Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone 4? Had this on my previous phone and loved it but £12 is a bit steep :)

EDIT: Although I now remember it takes the punch out of the screen quality, any other people could recommend that don't?

Thanks

Mart

Last edited:
Soldato
Gents

Anywhere cheaper to get Power Support HD Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone 4? Had this on my previous phone and loved it but £12 is a bit steep :)

EDIT: Although I now remember it takes the punch out of the screen quality, any other people could recommend that don't?

Thanks

Mart

I always recommend Terrapin ones from that well known auction site. They're dirt cheap and they're fantastically clear. However, they're not anti-glare or anti- anything for that matter, so I don't have the faintest idea if they'll suit you or not.

Soldato
Does anyone else notice that when locking their phone, the shutter noise lags behind by about 3-4 seconds?

Even when my phone is completely wiped, 50% of the time it will lag behind.

Soldato
Be better waiting until August, couple of guys I know at T-mobile are expecting an announcement re new iPhone around the 7th and they are normally relatively on the ball with these things.

Soldato
On release of the new model, will the 4S get a price reduction? Thinking of buying one sim free since I'm not all that happy with my android phone.

Thanks!

Normally goes down a bit but not massively as per usual for Apple devices, however where you could get a bargain is from the early adopters who will sell their 4S to get the new model.

Associate
Normally goes down a bit but not massively as per usual for Apple devices, however where you could get a bargain is from the early adopters who will sell their 4S to get the new model.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. If I were to buy the 4S now or later, how long will it get software updates for do you think? just don't want to be left behind as I'll probably keep the phone for a couple of years at least.

RJC

RJC

Don
Hard my launch day 4S changed yesterday, earpeice speaker had a strange rattling noise when in use.

My 4 had to changed as the speaker completely failed.

Soldato
Be better waiting until August, couple of guys I know at T-mobile are expecting an announcement re new iPhone around the 7th and they are normally relatively on the ball with these things.

Believe that when I see it! Apple don't tend to pre-announce stuff more than a week or two before it's available and there's just no way they're going to replace the 4S only 10 months after its release.

Man of Honour
Believe that when I see it! Apple don't tend to pre-announce stuff more than a week or two before it's available and there's just no way they're going to replace the 4S only 10 months after its release.

They might, 10 months is the best part of a year and the competition is pretty fierce at the minute, Apple need to get firmly back on top.

Associate
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. If I were to buy the 4S now or later, how long will it get software updates for do you think? just don't want to be left behind as I'll probably keep the phone for a couple of years at least.

The iPhone 3GS was released in 2009 and the upcoming iOS6 will be available for it. Gives you an idea.

Associate
The iPhone 3GS was released in 2009 and the upcoming iOS6 will be available for it. Gives you an idea.

True but both the 3GS and the 4 (2010) will miss out on big features like navigation. So really they only fully support the phone for 2 years.

Associate

The last iPhone I had was the 3GS, I never got the update that released multitasking and custom wallpapers (sold it before), but I remember the iPhone 3G didn't get a few features from it so I guess it could be something like that where it wouldn't receive everything from the updates?

---

I almost ordered a 4S last night, but then thought I'd regret that if the 5th iPhone appears next month, I read some articles saying the unveil date could be in mid August on the 16th or so, but then some suggest it won't happen this year at all!

Soldato
Right, over the last couple of days my battery has starting lasting about 1/3 of the time it used to.

If I just plug my phone in to sync with itunes, disconnect, run a factory reset then reconnect and sync will all my settings etc come back?

I've already uninstalled all the apps I've installed over the past couple of days btw.

Back
Top Bottom