********** The all new "Official" iPhone 4S thread - Keep all the iPhone 4S stuff in here **********

Soldato
probably going to get a 4s this Wednesday it's 629 for the 16gb and 739 for the 32...can't really afford either but so tempted by the extra capacity. I currently have 25gb on my 4g touch used up tried last night to get it down to 16gb but just loosing too much stuff. However 739 is 739 it's a whack of cash yet I love the app store and itunes USA TV and film store as well. Wouldn't be sensible to make the jump to Samsung SIII which'll be 629 + extendable.....

arrrgggghhhh perhaps I'm best waiting until the SIII is on display.

Associate
i just bought the iphone 64gb 4s second hand for £475 which was practically brand new, ive applied all my invicible shield covers and reckon when the next one comes out if its that much better i should still be able to get £400 still, also apple have been testing the A5x chip, the one in the new ipad with a phone in the iphone 4 case with 1gb ram, internal code is n96 or something, so if the new iphone 5 is gonna be the new ipad hardware in a new iphone design with a higher megapixel camera then im not gonna be too fussed and prob wont get it.

Associate
i just bought the iphone 64gb 4s second hand for £475 which was practically brand new, ive applied all my invicible shield covers and reckon when the next one comes out if its that much better i should still be able to get £400 still, also apple have been testing the A5x chip, the one in the new ipad with a phone in the iphone 4 case with 1gb ram, internal code is n96 or something, so if the new iphone 5 is gonna be the new ipad hardware in a new iphone design with a higher megapixel camera then im not gonna be too fussed and prob wont get it.

So it lost £225 within 7 months and you expect it to only fall £75 in the next 5 with a new iPhone out?

I hope you're right, I would want to get rid of mine by then lol :D

Man of Honour
I could understand that watch for running and the gym perhaps, but it looks horrible and tacky. Give me a proper watch any day! :p

Soldato

The issue is that the iPad 3 doesn't really offer anything over the iPad 2, with the upgrades being there to support the higher resolution display. An A5X in the iPhone doesn't really bring much if that's the case, same processor, and twice as many GPU cores. I can't really see the latter being included in the iPhone 5, merely because it would be uneconomical - massive performance that is largely "unnecessary", with worsened battery life (though not massively so, it seems). I don't think Apple want to increase battery size, and thus physical size; I'd say that maintaining capacity while keeping physical size would be preferred.

It'd make sense that Apple will start looking for other GPU solutions for the next generation products.

I'm not going to claim to be an expert though, as there is hardly any speculation at the moment, I'm just making my guess!

iOS 5.1.1 released

Fixes:
o. Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
o. Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
o. Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
o. Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
o. Fixes an issue where 'Unable to purchase' alert could be displayed after successful purchase

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Just picked up a 4S as a new work phone, anyone recommend a decent fitting but very slim case to use for it? Really don't want to add much bulk but want to avoid the back getting all scratched up.

Soldato
Why didnt apple keep the simple things with the iphone?

Like being able to go through your music and simply select a song for a ringtone?

Rather than having to create one, syncing with itunes and re-adding it to itunes.

the same for message tones aswell.

Soldato
Bottom of the range budget phone vs top of the range phone.

Many cheap Android phones are utterly dire and horrible, but the high end ones are great.

Unfortunately many people seem to think a phone like the Wildfire is representative of Android and it's not! :p

I'm selling my HTC One X and going to buy another iPhone 4s, reasons below, this isn't meant to start some sort of argument just purely my personal views :)

- Wireless is poor (Changed home wifi channel, setting) work iPhone is fine but the HTC just cannot see the signal when the IP4 can.
- Without a case on the HTC it slides around in my hand, don't get me wrong I love the material its made in but I've dropped it once already and the IP4 glass/metal design is easier to grasp
- Battery power seems to drop too quickly for me, maybe to do with large screen, faster cpu?
- It's not loud enough with regards to ringtones and sms/alerts I seem to miss calls and messages a lot with this handset
- Its crashed a few times on my whilst using email and other apps for no apparent reason
- Wake button being at the top is a bit of a pain (again personal choice)
- Camera button being on the screen is handy in most cases but I prefer the iPhone volume button function

Will say the screen is fantastic but I'm put off with the other points, hoping Apple will have a larger screen on the next iPhone release ..

Will get a new IP4s and then wait to see what the 5 has to offer, if and when it arrives

Mart

Man of Honour
I'm selling my HTC One X and going to buy another iPhone 4s, reasons below, this isn't meant to start some sort of argument just purely my personal views :)

- Wireless is poor (Changed home wifi channel, setting) work iPhone is fine but the HTC just cannot see the signal when the IP4 can.
- Without a case on the HTC it slides around in my hand, don't get me wrong I love the material its made in but I've dropped it once already and the IP4 glass/metal design is easier to grasp
- Battery power seems to drop too quickly for me, maybe to do with large screen, faster cpu?
- It's not loud enough with regards to ringtones and sms/alerts I seem to miss calls and messages a lot with this handset
- Its crashed a few times on my whilst using email and other apps for no apparent reason
- Wake button being at the top is a bit of a pain (again personal choice)
- Camera button being on the screen is handy in most cases but I prefer the iPhone volume button function

Will say the screen is fantastic but I'm put off with the other points, hoping Apple will have a larger screen on the next iPhone release ..

Will get a new IP4s and then wait to see what the 5 has to offer, if and when it arrives

Mart

I can't disagree with any of that.

I know people in the mobile subforum don't get why people like iPhones, but I do. I think they're the best overall. :)

A nicely designed one with a 4" screen will be me sorted out permanently I think, you can't beat the apps either - don't forget that. I got the One X as I like the look of it and a 4.7" version of the iPhone screen was appealing, but I've found much the same as you.

The performance isn't all that great due to HTC's badly optimised software (which they will fix hopefully), and that stupid menu at the bottom of all of the apps (that you can't fix without voiding your warranty) is extremely annoying too and is just a waste of screen space.

Samsung put the wake button on the right hand side about 3/4 of the way up and that's much easier to press.

The crashes and things are just what happens with Android, I haven't found it to be as stable as iOS.

Soldato
I can't disagree with any of that.

I know people in the mobile subforum don't get why people like iPhones, but I do. I think they're the best overall. :)

A nicely designed one with a 4" screen will be me sorted out permanently I think, you can't beat the apps either - don't forget that. I got the One X as I like the look of it and a 4.7" version of the iPhone screen was appealing, but I've found much the same as you.

The performance isn't all that great due to HTC's badly optimised software (which they will fix hopefully), and that stupid menu at the bottom of all of the apps (that you can't fix without voiding your warranty) is extremely annoying too and is just a waste of screen space.

Samsung put the wake button on the right hand side about 3/4 of the way up and that's much easier to press.

The crashes and things are just what happens with Android, I haven't found it to be as stable as iOS.

Thanks Robbo

Like I said not ******** the HTC off as I'll miss the screen and speed the most, but the other points are a killer for me, the iPhone (4 & 4s) are the only handsets I have ever got and kept for the full 2 years of the contract and not wanted to or felt the need to upgrade... Its all good at the end of the day I enjoyed the handset its just not for me :)

Mart

Soldato
I think that it's a real shame. I've always maintained that even at their worst, HTC have the best design on the Android side of the market. However their software has always been extremely poorly optimised - one of the biggest gripes, aside from my terrible warranty service experience with them.

Back
Top Bottom