• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

For real this time,

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.1 Release Notes​

Article Number

RN-RAD-WIN-22-10-1

Highlights​

• Support for:
    • Overwatch® 2

Fixed Issues​

• GPU for image processing option may not be available using Adobe® Lightroom® on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • App crash may be experienced in Street Fighter™ 6 Beta.

Known Issues​

• Radeon™ Super Resolution may fail to trigger after changing resolution or HDR settings on games such as Nioh™ 2.
  • Oculus dashboard menu and rendered controllers may appear bouncing/wobbly on Oculus Quest 2 with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.
  • GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
  • While previewing the timeline in VEGAS Pro™, some colors may appear inverted.
  • Chromium-based browsers may experience video stuttering on extended monitors with mixed refresh rates using Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • Users may encounter dropped frames during video playback using hardware acceleration on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.2]
  • Display may briefly show corruption when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.2]
  • When Vertical Refresh Sync is set globally to Always Off, system stuttering or driver timeout may occur during video playback using Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.2]
  • Driver timeout may occur using HEVC hardware encoding on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.2]

Important Notes​

• AMD Software Capture and Stream features and Overlay support for Clone mode and Eyefinity display configurations will be introduced at a later date.
  • OpenGL applications that are 10-bit aware are no longer supported with HDR display capabilities. Enabling 10-Bit Pixel Format in advanced graphics settings is only recommended for use of 10-bit aware OpenGL applications and not required for enabling 10-Bit Color Display Capabilities.

Package Contents​

The AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.1 installation package contains the following:
  • AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.1 Driver Version 22.20.19.16 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.12019.16007).

The AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.1 installation package can be downloaded from the following link:​

By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.

Ive just purchased the 6600 non t. I try to install the drivers and halfway through the screen goes black and stays that way. If i restart I can see the splash screen but as soon as It goes to load windows the screen goes black and i have no signal.

I've tried DDU and nothing. The card is ok without the drivers.

Any ideas?

Motherboard is the b550-f and is on the latest bios if that helps.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
How long have you left it on the black screen? On a few driver installs on my 6800XT, it went to a black screen but after about a minute (felt like over an hour!) the display came back and carried on with the driver install.

If I didn't have a second monitor on a different graphics adapter (USB one) that was still responding, I probably would've assumed the whole PC had frozen and rebooted before it came back.

How long have you left it on the black screen? On a few driver installs on my 6800XT, it went to a black screen but after about a minute (felt like over an hour!) the display came back and carried on with the driver install.

If I didn't have a second monitor on a different graphics adapter (USB one) that was still responding, I probably would've assumed the whole PC had frozen and rebooted before it came back.
Around 15 minutes or so.

Oh! Yeah, that's definitely 'something's gone wrong' territory. :eek: Is it worth trying with 'Resizable BAR' toggled in the BIOS (off if it's already on, or other way round)? Just trying to think of anything you could try changing, as I'm out of ideas otherwise. Sorry.
It turned out to be the HDMI lead. Thank you for your help though mate. Much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Adrenalin 22.10.1 also has the performance regression bug. I didn't bother making another video, but for those wondering what I'm talking about, it the same issue as the video I posted earlier in the thread: (Loud engine noise warning!)

Anywhere I pause it, the old driver is 20-30% better. That's huge. Everything since the March driver has had this regression in VR on PC2 (and AMS2)

This has been an issue for a long time now and I'm starting to think it will not get fixed.

Last edited:
Adrenalin 22.10.1 also has the performance regression bug. I didn't bother making another video, but for those wondering what I'm talking about, it the same issue as the video I posted earlier in the thread: (Loud engine noise warning!)

Anywhere I pause it, the old driver is 20-30% better. That's huge. Everything since the March driver has had this regression in VR on PC2 (and AMS2)

This has been an issue for a long time now and I'm starting to think it will not get fixed.
Hi, we've been investigating PC2 and have not been able to reproduce the issue internally. We're seeing better performance with DXXP than with 22.5.1. I'll ask to check in with AMS2.

In any case, the regression point you describe is clear enough, I'm just worried that this could be system / HMD specific.

Last edited:
Hi, we've been investigating PC2 and have not been able to reproduce the issue internally. We're seeing better performance with DXXP than with 22.5.1. I'll ask to check in with AMS2.

In any case, the regression point you describe is clear enough, I'm just worried that this could be system / HMD specific.
Are you testing with a G2? Mine is a G1. (I'm guessing that would show up in the bug reports I submitted.)

I know VR isn't a big market, but nothing else in my system should be *that* rare.

I'm also on windows 10

*Edit* 22.5.1 has the issue too. You need to go further back to see the "good" performance.

**Edit 2** ^22.5.1 doesn't have the issue.

22.3.1 is good.

Last edited:
Are you testing with a G2? Mine is a G1. (I'm guessing that would show up in the bug reports I submitted.)

I know VR isn't a big market, but nothing else in my system should be *that* rare.

I'm also on windows 10

*Edit* 22.5.1 has the issue too. You need to go further back to see the "good" performance.

22.3.1 is good.
I'll check if we have a G1 as well. I also recall the below from you:

"I didn't have time to make/upload another video to YouTube, but I did record the same race, then play it in its own window next to the YouTube video and I saw no difference beyond run-to-run variance between 22.3.1 and 22.5.1."

With that in mind, I'm a little surprised about your results. The key variable I had in mind here is the redesigned DXX driver for NV2X as of 22.5.2 and newer. Are you absolutely sure this issue is present on 22.5.1?

I'll check if we have a G1 as well. I also recall the below from you:

"I didn't have time to make/upload another video to YouTube, but I did record the same race, then play it in its own window next to the YouTube video and I saw no difference beyond run-to-run variance between 22.3.1 and 22.5.1."

With that in mind, I'm a little surprised about your results. The key variable I had in mind here is the redesigned DXX driver for NV2X as of 22.5.2 and newer. Are you absolutely sure this issue is present on 22.5.1?
I will double check. I thought I stayed on 22.3.1 because everything else was a downgrade. I will retest tomorrow. I rolled back one driver due to occasional crashes in Halo Infinite but I don't recall if that was 22.5.1

I was getting similar results to Twinz, though not as bad spikes in AMS2 with a G2. So not sure it's specific to the G1. But it's a bit of a faff rolling back and forth between drivers to check out. But I can also give it a go if it helps out.
I haven't played AMS2 since as been playing F1 22 in VR, which has its own annoying CPU time issues were it will barely use 1 core and get massive stuttering. Pause the game alt tab out and in and voila back to 4ms CPU time.

Last edited:
I was getting similar results to Twins, though not as bad spikes in AMS2 with a G2. So not sure it's specific to the G1. But it's a bit of a faff rolling back and forth between drivers to check out. But I can also give it a go if it helps out.
I haven't played AMS2 since as been playing F1 22 in VR, which has its own annoying CPU time issues were it will barely use 1 core and get massive stuttering. Pause the game alt tab out and in and voila back to 4ms CPU time.
What is the latest driver for you that does not tank VR performance?

I've just been forced to update the driver to play MW2. Has the right click shortcut gone to access the Adrenalin Centre?

Last edited:
I just did some testing, and I was wrong on two things:

1) 22.5.1 does *not* have the performance regression of 22.8.1 or 22.10.1
2) AMS2 is fine with all the drivers I tested. (Old and new, for the limited testing I did) I thought I tested it when I first encountered the issue in PC2, but I seem to remember that incorrectly as 22.10.1 works fine.

PC2 still has the issue. I have edited my other posts to correct the errors.

Last edited:
I've just been forced to update the driver to play MW2. Has the right click shortcut gone to access the Adrenalin Centre?
Should still be there, although I found it is very much delayed in appearing. Seems to take a minute or two now to appear as an option in the list.

22.10.2 WHQL folks. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-10-2

Fixed Issues
  • Radeon™ Super Resolution may fail to trigger after changing resolution or HDR settings on games such as Nioh™ 2.
  • Vertical Refresh Sync set globally to Always Off may cause system stuttering or driver timeout during video playback using Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • Driver timeout may occur using HEVC hardware encoding on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • Dropped frames may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration on Chromium-based browsers with Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • Chromium-based browsers may experience video stuttering on extended monitors with mixed refresh rates using Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • Oculus dashboard menu and rendered controllers may appear bouncing/wobbly on Oculus Quest 2 with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.
  • While previewing the timeline in VEGAS Pro™, some colors may appear inverted.

Known Issues
  • GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
  • When Radeon™ Anti-Lag is enabled, a beep can be heard when pressing shift + back key. [Resolution targeted for 22.11.1]
  • Elite Dangerous may crash upon launch on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.3]
  • Stuttering may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration with Firefox on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics.
  • Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Improvements have been made in 22.10.2 to reduce occurrence for some configurations.

Back
Top Bottom