• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
I was never able to flash another bios on the reference 290X 8GB cards. It was either me doing something wrong, or Sapphire locked both bios. It's more likely the former, but when i tried i wasn't able to flash.

Damn, was going to try the sapphire vapor-x 8GB onto it but wont bother then.
is there any benefit from using the uber mode when watercooled?

Soldato
Whatever amendments / updates were made for 15.5 its made monster difference in Assetto Corsa too.

Haven't played for a while n as I couldn't sleep thought I would :D

Can now run ultra settings silky smooth in xfire with no glitching at all :)

Caporegime
OP
hope it wont be too long before we get an updated witcher 3 profile. It gets good scaling with AA turned off but the flickering destroys it for me.

Sooooo.... Matt any word on Witcher 3 flickering bug, is this being looked into now, should be in next driver release or is that an issue with cd projeck ?

No further update from the below kevy.

We're working with the developer to resolve that, Matson. Most likely to be fixed in a future game update, or perhaps a future Catalyst driver. :)

Soldato
Any idea why project cars isn't working in crossfire for me? Its working for others but im getting negative scaling when I use it which is a shame as it bogs down to about 40-45fps when it starts raining for me. Iv hardly touched the game since release because of this.

Associate
Hi Matt, do you have any idea about this GTA5 issue?

I have been playing for a week with most highest setting and didnt use MSAA due to artifacts.
Then last night I was a bit bored so I played with setting and try to set MSAA x 4
Then it crash to desktop straightaway and from that time I cant play the game anymore.
When it is loading to the storymode for 10 seconds then crush to desktop saying gta5.exe not responding etc

I can only get into the game from safe mode, I dont know what to do...

My hardware / driver shouldnt be a problem because I was able to play it

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Any idea why project cars isn't working in crossfire for me? Its working for others but im getting negative scaling when I use it which is a shame as it bogs down to about 40-45fps when it starts raining for me. Iv hardly touched the game since release because of this.

Can you post your settings Matson? I have a 7990 so i can try to mimic it myself, thanks.

Hi Matt, do you have any idea about this GTA5 issue?

I have been playing for a week with most highest setting and didnt use MSAA due to artifacts.
Then last night I was a bit bored so I played with setting and try to set MSAA x 4
Then it crash to desktop straightaway and from that time I cant play the game anymore.
When it is loading to the storymode for 10 seconds then crush to desktop saying gta5.exe not responding etc

I can only get into the game from safe mode, I dont know what to do...

My hardware / driver shouldnt be a problem because I was able to play it

I've seen GTA V game files corrupt before, so my recommendation would be to Verify Local Cache Files on steam to see if something got corrupted!

Soldato
Here are my settings matt. Im getting about 5 fps less in crossfire than I am with a single card at the moment. Newest drivers.

Z1ZMyr9.jpg

FjSCPFl.jpg

It should be noted I had SMAA to ultra and vsync off earlier too when I was also getting negative scaling.

Back
Top Bottom