• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
No idea Tony.

The cynical side of me is thinking bloody big coincidence now that Vega7 is launched. Funny the timing if it does turn out to be the case when I roll back later. This has only started to be a problem on the latest 3 drivers, right at the time of Vega7.

Can't have people on Vega64 running custom water bioses allowing for higher power tables and power limits and hitting similar speeds as Vega7 can they :p

Last edited:
Soldato
How they can check if we flashed to LQ bios on air Vega? And I wonder if the issue would happen on real LQ Vega or not?

It doesn't affect a real lc64, I have both, i'm not sure why it is doing it.
But from my testing of any lc bios on a reference v64 on 19.2.3
It's not power limited,
It's not thermal, (hbm,hot spot,core)
It's not voltage,

It is definetely driver related, if you umderclock to using just pstate 0 @800mv with a locked hbm p3 state, it will still throttle down.

Associate
Interesting is that we can oc our air Vega with the default bios reaching to the same power state as LQ64 under water cooled, will the issue be existed or gone?

Soldato
Interesting is that we can oc our air Vega with the default bios reaching to the same power state as LQ64 under water cooled, will the issue be existed or gone?

I think the max power limit is 220w +50%,
But if you use overdriventool you can modify the power limit to whatever value you like.

The lc64 bios has different voltage tables and a 264w +50% at stock.

Associate
Yes, that's what I mean to oc air vega using tools. Thanks for the infos. I will flash back to the default bios and tuning some settings to see if they can check modifying power limit.

Soldato
Cool, good luck let us know how you get on.
I'm sure you are aware, but to make sure you flash the 220w not the 200w bios.

Thanks for your time on this one Dave, it's helped confirm a lot. I wonder if I'll be able to hit the same 1750/1180 clocks (for benching) and 1700/1100 (for gaming) after rolling back to stock bios.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tha

Thanks for your time on this one Dave, it's helped confirm a lot.
No worries after watching your vid's I knew something wasn't right. Hopefully we can get it fixed by the driver team.

I don't know how well your card will respond to the stock bios, but hopefully it won't be too much of a hit.

Soldato
That's kinda good to know. How's your overclocking on this bios?

I've not messed around to much mate, just wanted to run it back on stock bios with 19.2.3 at default balanced values. Getting late now, bit tired so I'll play around in the morning to see if at least 1700/1100 Is possible using reduced power limits.

The curious in me wants to try another LC BIOS LOL

@shankly1985 EDIT update

You know what mate, I've got a very interesting video to be posting up tomorrow lol. Long story short, for you and the others. Back on the stock bios 1806, 19.2.3 driver, bug does not appear, everything is perfect again. Just back on my old gaming custom profile which is 1700/1100 frequency....the core is maintaining even higher frequency than it did on the LC 8774 Bios :p:D It's maintaining 1690mhz core right across all benches and games using same lower voltages as previous bios. That's only 10mhz down on the set frequency, where as previously on the LC 8774 bios, setting 1700mhz core would normally work out about 1650mhz average when benching and gaming.

Might push for 1750mhz tomorrow morning then we truly right back to where we were, but it might actually end up being better in the long run. How things work out.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've not messed around to much mate, just wanted to run it back on stock bios with 19.2.3 at default balanced values. Getting late now, bit tired so I'll play around in the morning to see if at least 1700/1100 Is possible using reduced power limits.

The curious in me wants to try another LC BIOS LOL

@shankly1985 EDIT update

You know what mate, I've got a very interesting video to be posting up tomorrow lol. Long story short, for you and the others. Back on the stock bios 1806, 19.2.3 driver, bug does not appear, everything is perfect again. Just back on my old gaming custom profile which is 1700/1100 frequency....the core is maintaining even higher frequency than it did on the LC 8774 Bios :p:D It's maintaining 1690mhz core right across all benches and games using same lower voltages as previous bios. That's only 10mhz down on the set frequency, where as previously on the LC 8774 bios, setting 1700mhz core would normally work out about 1650mhz average when benching and gaming.

Might push for 1750mhz tomorrow morning then we truly right back to where we were, but it might actually end up being better in the long run. How things work out.

GG man :D Nicely done guys on finding this bug? Is it a bug with that BIOS? Anyways least you can now enjoy latest drivers.

Back
Top Bottom