• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play at 2560x1440 in this game. Only really online shooters I swap the 120 Hz in. I find the image quality and far superior colours outweighs the benefits of 120 Hz in single player games :).

Still a stuttering mess in CF for me. It's completely and utterly unplayable. Getting around 70-80 FPS (vsync off for testing) but it feels like 15. What a joke - whoever is responsible.

I play at 2560x1440 in this game. Only really online shooters I swap the 120 Hz in. I find the image quality and far superior colours outweighs the benefits of 120 Hz in single player games :).

Still a stuttering mess in CF for me. It's completely and utterly unplayable. Getting around 70-80 FPS (vsync off for testing) but it feels like 15. What a joke - whoever is responsible.

Furry muff. :)

Does RadeonPro help at all ? The old Flip Que Size 1 and fps limit of your minimum fps should smooth things out as much as is possible.

What are your settings for FC3? I can't get RP to pick it up. Probably because it's launcher based.

I don't use RP with this game. However try my settings and see how they work for you. I appreciate you don't like vsync but give it a shot. You can always add a fps limit using afterburner if you want to remove some input lag. I find it perfectly smooth just using vsync personally though. I found this game works best without a fps limit set though that may have changed, not checked. One thing to note, before you do anything you need to disable in game vsync then quit the game and force it using D3D overrider like me. You will know D3D has worked when the game loads as you should hear two confirmation beeps from it.

http://hostr.co/download/5JA4NRt/D3DOverrider DX11.rar

Az8nUB2.jpg

6MNZc1Z.jpg

T0lbq5C.jpg

Im getting the same thing, with the 13.5 beta 2 drivers. Its better than what it use to be, but there are still stuttering and its a mess.

Same for me, even with lower settings its still a mess. Tbh I've just given up trying to play it.

Blood dragon on the other hand is fine!! I may try force the bd profile on fc3 and see what happens as surely they are the same engine?

Right now working using RP. Don't know why, as I set it up the same as before.

Did frame rate control to 59, monitor refresh to 60 Hz, triple buffering and flip size queue 1.... it's not what I would call smooth but the improvement is about 200x over what it was before and definitely playable now.

The only annoying thing I'm getting is some screen tear which suggests to me that vsync isn't working correctly.... Perhaps forcing the frame rate to 60 will resolve?

It always was for me on a single 7950 at 1920x1080. I played a while back though when it first came out. I finished the game on a single card so not played it since until now.

Yeah i saw that, even on pcper it always had sinlge gpu as smooth on Tahiti but at 1440p it always had some minor hitching for me. That's now definitely gone though.

Just an update to the HDMI audio issue. I replace the TV that the amp outputs to, to my new Samsung smart TV and my audio works fine everytime now. Was using a few year old Sony which was HDMI 1.3. So maybe its a HDMI 1.4 to a 1.3 display issue?

Is anyone having issues with CAT 13.4?

(1)I've noticed a massive slowdown in Age of Empires 3 and SWAT4 - lot's of frame-skipping. Setting Afterburner to the highest overclock seems to help a bit, which is absolutely absurd given these games run on HD4000 integrated maxed out.
(2)Getting really, really weird IE9 artifacts, text being randomly garbled and webpages sometimes jumbled.

Does ie9 have hardware acceleration or what ever its called? If so try disabling it, I know it can cause problems on other browsers.

As for the old games is it ok on older drivers? My first thought was new os vs old games.

Is anyone having issues with CAT 13.4?

(1)I've noticed a massive slowdown in Age of Empires 3 and SWAT4 - lot's of frame-skipping. Setting Afterburner to the highest overclock seems to help a bit, which is absolutely absurd given these games run on HD4000 integrated maxed out.
(2)Getting really, really weird IE9 artifacts, text being randomly garbled and webpages sometimes jumbled.

You can try higher Power Limits, it may help with IE9 too(which could be down to lower idle vram clocks):

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18509458

hi guys off topic a bit but when i try to install old and Latest 13.4 i get missing inf file when trying to install CCC and Display drivers it also comes up when trying to install the SB drivers as well is there any work around that anyone know.

i have tried

uninstalling everything then reinstalling that failed
used driver sweeper failed
manual remove failed
safe mode remove failed
removal through device manager Failed

any suggestions would be greatful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom