• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm getting ready for test, can you install open hwmonitor, reset max values then leave it running while you play about on Oman. Have afterburner and any other overclocking or monitoring software closed. Play around for a good 5-10 mins then exit and post up some screens of ohwm's load meters for cpu and gpus.

Set it at ultra too, I just want to see what everything is doing and to what level over what core/card.

While I'm getting ready for test, can you install open hwmonitor, reset max values then leave it running while you play about on Oman. Have afterburner and any other overclocking or monitoring software closed. Play around for a good 5-10 mins then exit and post up some screens of ohwm's load meters for cpu and gpus.

Set it at ultra too, I just want to see what everything is doing and to what level over what core/card.

I'll have to do that tomorrow, I am just about to leave for work.

To be honest I have been playing BF3 with just one card, all settings maxed out and it's really smooth, I haven't clocked the card either yet.

I'm still debating whether to sell one.

I'll have to do that tomorrow, I am just about to leave for work.

To be honest I have been playing BF3 with just one card, all settings maxed out and it's really smooth, I haven't clocked the card either yet.

I'm still debating whether to sell one.

Try what frenzy said too^^^ It can't hurt to try!

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon runs very very smoothly on my CF setup, averaging around 90FPS, presume its the same engine as FC3 so why is FC3 so messed up in CF?

New Beta driver out. Looks like a minor update though and nothing to get excited about.

AMD 13.5 Beta 3 Driver

NOTE! You must un-install AMD Catalyst™ 13.4 (if you have already installed AMD Catalyst 13.4) before installing AMD Catalyst 13.5 Beta.

The AMD Catalyst™ 13.5 Beta Driver Can Be Downloaded From The Following Link

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd_catalyst_13.5_beta2.exe

Feature Highlights of The AMD Mobility Catalyst™ 13.5 Beta3 Driver for Windows®

Adds support for the AMD Radeon HD8000M Series

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst™ 13.5 Beta Driver for Windows®

Performance gains seen on the entire AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series for the following:
Far Cry 3: Improves performance up to 4% with Anti-Aliasing enabled
Shogun II: Improves performance up to 20% with 8x Anti-Aliasing enabled
Tomb Raider: Improves performance up to 6%
Bioshock: Improves performance up to 6%
Borderlands 2: Improves performance up to 17%
Corruption is no longer seen on the AMD Radeon HD 7790 when TressFX is enabled in Tomb Raider

System Requirements:

Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit versions)
Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit versions with SP1 or higher)
Windows Vista (32 & 64-bit versions with SP2 or higher)
AMD Product Compatibility:

AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

Source
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-5WINBetaDriver.aspx

Nice
New drivers to drive my GPU will Install later or tomorrow

Thanks Matt

After spending the morning and most of last night testing I can only come to one conclusion regarding my GPU usage issues in BF3 multiplayer.

My CPU at 4.1 cannot handle my two 7970s at their stock clock speeds. Downclocking them to 900/1325 (thanks Matt, PG tips) results in a higher usage whilst maintaining the same framerate, the game is a lot smoother as well.

Is this a driver issue? possibly, but my money is on my cpu not feeding them enough power so they can stretch their legs.

If AMD are following this thread could they confirm this for me?.

Are you getting performance issues or are you just concerned about the usage? Because my 7950s (at 1150/1500) don't hold 99% utilisation the whole time. Actually they hold around 75% on average in BF3.

Just got a HIS 7950 after a lot of hassle with a dodgy 670, performed a format then reinstalled windows and went straight to the 13.5 drivers - seem to be having some odd gpu usage & core clock spikes in ab though :confused:

Happening in all the games I've tried so far (Sniper Elite 2, War Thunder & ARMA 2)

Is it worth rolling back to the 13.4's or is there something else that could be causing this? Not got much experience with the AMD side of things so any input or suggestions would be much appreciated! Cheers

Vw6VkGk.png

Just got a HIS 7950 after a lot of hassle with a dodgy 670, performed a format then reinstalled windows and went straight to the 13.5 drivers - seem to be having some odd gpu usage & core clock spikes in ab though :confused:

Happening in all the games I've tried so far (Sniper Elite 2, War Thunder & ARMA 2)

Is it worth rolling back to the 13.4's or is there something else that could be causing this? Not got much experience with the AMD side of things so any input or suggestions would be much appreciated! Cheers

Vw6VkGk.png

hehe... that looks familiar

I've got a HIS 7950 BOOST IceQ and when using Afterburner it doesn't seem to matter what I set the Power Limit to it doesn't change the load VDDC reading in GPU-z.

Have I misunderstood what this slider does?
The Core Voltage slider seems to be locked and doesn't give a reading, is that normal?

I've got a HIS 7950 BOOST IceQ and when using Afterburner it doesn't seem to matter what I set the Power Limit to it doesn't change the load VDDC reading in GPU-z.

Have I misunderstood what this slider does?
The Core Voltage slider seems to be locked and doesn't give a reading, is that normal?

MSI AB

You need to go to settings and check "unlock voltage control"

Ive had 2 crashes since upgrading to 13.5 drivers
1 - a type of bsod
2 - weird freeze with graphics glitches on screen
both were just normal usage (no games etc) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom