• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods will get round to it (along side the Nvidia thread) in due course. I have a feeling they are going to sort the stickies out while doing a little restructuring etc... too :)

New caps out ..

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

New profiles added to this release:
- Call of Juarez – Gunslinger – Improves CrossFire performance
- Company of Heroes 2 – Disables CrossFire support
- Far Cry 2 (DX9) – Improves single GPU performance
- Resident Evil 6 – Improves single GPU performance
- Call of Duty 4 – improves single GPU performance
- Dark sider 2 – Fixes the corruption in game menu under certain CrossFire configurations
- Minimum – Improves single GPU performance

Thanks tribz, added to OP.

Given this CAP is newer then both 13.4 & 13.5 b2 it is recommended to use the CAP in either of these configurations...

13.4 WHQL W/ 13.4 CAP 1 & 13.5 CAP 1
13.5 Beta 2 W/ 13.5 CAP 1

OP also now a quote from Thracks on the latest developments of the frame pacing prototype driver we are all waiting for :)

Thanks tribz, added to OP.

Given this CAP is newer then both 13.4 & 13.5 b2 it is recommended to use the CAP in either of these configurations...

13.4 WHQL W/ 13.4 CAP 1 & 13.5 CAP 1
13.5 Beta 2 W/ 13.5 CAP 1

OP also now a quote from Thracks on the latest developments of the frame pacing prototype driver we are all waiting for :)

Is a statement like that due? Nvidia have gone on pcper to troll AMD on this crap. this fix can't come soon enough, its got the Nvidia fanboi's wound up.

Anyway, are we back on single GPU CAPs again?

It sure has, they are starting to run out of ammo tbh and as always its nice to see AMD being so public about the issue and how they intend to fix it. The driver is due any time soon, it has the potential to be as ground breaking as 12.11 was.

Judging by the release notes for the CAP, its to address issues that may have developed since 13.4/13.5 as many of them are for older titles.

It sure has, they are starting to run out of ammo tbh and as always its nice to see AMD being so public about the issue and how they intend to fix it. The driver is due any time soon, it has the potential to be as ground breaking as 12.11 was.

Judging by the release notes for the CAP, its to address issues that may have developed since 13.4/13.5 as many of them are for older titles.

I will believe it when I see it :)

Look from around the 1.30 mark with the 20% slow down.

I'd previously disregarded one of these videos (on BF3) as it did feel smooth to me, but I had a good 45 mins in Crysis 3 yesterday and it doesn't feel all that smooth, it feels how it looks in the 13.5 side of that video.

Look from around the 1.30 mark with the 20% slow down.

I'd previously disregarded one of these videos (on BF3) as it did feel smooth to me, but I had a good 45 mins in Crysis 3 yesterday and it doesn't feel all that smooth, it feels how it looks in the 13.5 side of that video.

Thanks, Crysis 3 feels unrealistically smooth on 1 GPU to me, even at under 30 FPS its like liquid silk, so smooooooooth. It makes it completely playable at setting that really shouldn't. well done on that. I say.

Yep, hopefully crossfire will feel that smooth once this frame pacing driver arrives.

Its not unplayable in its current state, but when its cruising along at 100+fps, it feels more like 40fps.

Hmm I'm getting an issue now...

With two displays connected, the first card is at 500/150 as it should be, but if I fire up and close down a game then re-open it again (appears mostly in borderlands 2) then the clocks don't re-enter a 3d state making the game run like poo, restart sorts it.

I'll investigate further with the secondary display closed later and stick a report in with AMD.

Edit: Further digging, my primary PCI lane is running at 4x, highlights of the latest MSI bios....- Enhanced PCI-E display card performance. Borked bios, cheers MSI.

Last edited:
I have a semi fix for that problem PG Tips. Right click CCC in the tray and change resolution to the one below your monitors maximum. That will force the card to pickup the correct clocks. Once the clocks are back as they should repeat the process and set the correct resolution.

I discovered this fix before i realised that afterburners overlay was causing Battlefield 3 to crash. The crash would occur as i was connecting to a game online and the map was starting to load. After the crash my card would be stuck on 500/150. Before i realised that i could alleviate the crash by using custom d3d support in the overlay i used this to solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom