• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to do that tomorrow, I am just about to leave for work.

To be honest I have been playing BF3 with just one card, all settings maxed out and it's really smooth, I haven't clocked the card either yet.

I'm still debating whether to sell one.

Did you get your issue sorted out chief? I am asking because I am getting this in P cars, it uses the 2 cards more in the menu's than the race lol.

This suggests to me that we may have leaked drivers from the CF prototype program floating about!! Get looking chaps!!

Some potentially good news in the world of eternal grudges today, with more evidence of a new game in the Legacy of Kain series being unearthed. Buried in the driver files of a new patch to AMD's Crossfire program are several references to "War for Nosgoth" and "Nosgoth."

In other news, The AMD/Microsoft partnership on the XBO is valued at a whopping $3bn!

Nice... With The Sony deal probably being similar. Some server and Cloud Gaming wins, the new Jaguar mobile chips being vastly better than ARM are Clover-trail is bound to get some Tablet and low power Mobile wins.....

This year and next is shaping up to be dominated by AMD's comeback, bigger than the Athlon XP days.

AMD have all of the next gen consoles wrapped up, including the wii u. Hopefully this extra cash may go towards some much needed r&d in the cpu dept & some positive marketing/advertising.

Nice... With The Sony deal probably being similar. Some server and Cloud Gaming wins, the new Jaguar mobile chips being vastly better than ARM are Clover-trail is bound to get some Tablet and low power Mobile wins.....

This year and next is shaping up to be dominated by AMD's comeback, bigger than the Athlon XP days.

Let's not get too excited. In those Athlon days, AMD had the best CPUs. They are sadly a way from that, yet.

Plus, the 3 billion is a multi-year deal, not something they get all at once. That and the Sony deal should give them a nice bit of support. Assuming they can deliver, with no foundry issues or shortages, etc.

Let's not get too excited. In those Athlon days, AMD had the best CPUs. They are sadly a way from that, yet.

Plus, the 3 billion is a multi-year deal, not something they get all at once. That and the Sony deal should give them a nice bit of support. Assuming they can deliver, with no foundry issues or shortages, etc.

If the Sony deal is the same its +80% Revenue pre year for 6 years.

Any reason to swap from 13.3 beta yet ? i think I tried 13.4 and coh crashed for example.

So is 13.5 stable ? and now we have to use a separate caps profile download again ? Isn't it embedded in the driver like 13.3 ?

Last edited:
Any reason to swap from 13.3 beta yet ? i think I tried 13.4 and coh crashed for example.

So is 13.5 stable ? and now we have to use a separate caps profile download again ? Isn't it embedded in the driver like 13.3 ?

13.5 is where all the homies is at. :cool:

EDIT

You need the 13.5 Cap file on the website.

Last edited:
Check the op c64, I have listed any potential issues with 13.5...though for me it's been flawless. Had a minor issue of of me not fully installing my card :p

If I get chance I'll take grid 2 for a whirl tonight and report back with some performance feedback.

Edit: across the board looking around 3-5% performance gains over 13.3.

GRID 2 Performance!

Ok the basics first, the good and the bad!

The bad, Crossfire isn't functional in the slightest, second card stays at 300/150 0% while playing.

The good, runs pretty well on a single 7970.

Ultra preset 1920x1080, first career race:

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
8476, 97438, 67, 98, 86.989

Should EASILY sit on a 60 frame sync with a 7870XT+, possibly lower cards.

Game feels super super smooth, besides a CAP for crossfire I can't imagine any improvements being required...

grid2_avx%202013-05-28%2021-02-25-23-Time.png

GRID 2 Performance!

Ok the basics first, the good and the bad!

The bad, Crossfire isn't functional in the slightest, second card stays at 300/150 0% while playing.

The good, runs pretty well on a single 7970.

Ultra preset 1920x1080, first career race:

Should EASILY sit on a 60 frame sync with a 7870XT+, possibly lower cards.

Game feels super super smooth, besides a CAP for crossfire I can't imagine any improvements being required...

grid2_avx%202013-05-28%2021-02-25-23-Time.png

Force AFR for crossfire? should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom