• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was time to retire my trusty 10 year old Thermaltake Xaser III and ordered a Corsair 350D and Corsair H100i cpu cooler.

Ah i thought you might be joining me in the ranks of 7950 crossfire.

I have a H100i its a nice cooler, especially with a couple of Gentle Typhoons 1850 which are almost silent at full speed.

Ah i thought you might be joining me in the ranks of 7950 crossfire.

I have a H100i its a nice cooler, especially with a couple of Gentle Typhoons 1850 which are almost silent at full speed.

Na, i've no need for Crossfire yet, it's certainly on my list though maybe in a few months.

Yeah i heard the H100i was good, plus with the 350D being designed to fit it i thought why not, hopefully will be able to push this CPU a bit higher then as i currently have it at 3.8ghz on stock volts and am pushing the thermal limits of the chip with this old Freezer 7 Pro.

Last edited:
For those asking about 13.6:

This is primarily a bug fix release, to address the HDMI issues with amps/receivers. AFAIK there are no performance additions to this release of the driver.

This is primarily a bug fix release, to address the HDMI issues with amps/receivers. AFAIK there are no performance additions to this release of the driver.

Thanks Thracks.

Can you give us a more exact indication (other than sometime in June) as to when the new frame pacing drivers are due?

sweet running 13.6 now.

Got CF somewhat running in grid 2 will run some more benches just shortly :)

Excuse any typo's, not digging this new mechanical keyboard at all.

Ok its running though AFR is only utilising 50% of the available power, so each card is sat at 50% sharing the load of what a single 7970 would require, so frame rates stayed the same. Felt smooth and this is what the frametimes look like with AFR:

grid2222_avx%202013-05-29%2021-12-56-76-Time.png

eagerly awaiting a CAP for this.

Ok its running though AFR is only utilising 50% of the available power, so each card is sat at 50% sharing the load of what a single 7970 would require, so frame rates stayed the same. Felt smooth and this is what the frametimes look like with AFR:

grid2222_avx%202013-05-29%2021-12-56-76-Time.png

Good stuff PG Tips. Vsync?

I don't actually see any options for vsync, i'll have a route around in the config files and see what I come away with.

CF appears to be quite borked in those benches too, getting around the same readings I am.

edit: vsync=0, refreshrate=120, msaa=x4

Last edited:
I don't actually see any options for vsync, i'll have a route around in the config files and see what I come away with.

CF appears to be quite borked in those benches too, getting around the same readings I am.

The shearing in your fraps graph makes me think its on, though its probably not as i assume you exceeded 60fps at some point.

It was above 60fps for the majority of the run, the config file says refresh is set at 120 too.

Looks like all dual cards are in need of a profile, maybe we'll get some day 1 updates :)

Edit: that 7970ghz really stretches its legs at high res, reducing the titans advantage to ~10fps!!

Last edited:

This is what I get in Project cars a lot, also BF3 is never near 100%

Unfortunately, it still doesn't display the picture when I turn my amp back on and requires me to press Win+P then Enter to re-enable the display. I really don't know how every driver release its a different bug. Think 12.4 or 12.3 were the last ones that were HDMI bug free.

Anticipating the next release.

Edit: Should point out this is the first time I have simply installed the drivers over the old ones (due to recommendations on here that it doesn't really make any difference) whereas before I uninstalled, ran driver cleaner etc Will try a fresh reinstall of them if I get a chance but still not holding much hope!

2nd Edit: After much faffing around including the monitor signal disappearing from my AMP/TV completely I did a clean install of 13.6 and they are now working correctly HDMI and all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom