• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess that is more likely aimed at CPU's.

Got CF in grid 2 sorted, updated game version etc... now running ultra CF with 8xmsaa, benches and frametimes coming shortly.

Yes, Pcper (or whoever did that graph you posted) should re-run it too as they had the same issue as I did.

Scaling is at around 80% and feels reeeeeally smooth, benched at around 130fps, though I need to fire up some more settings as I have a feeling I didn't have any AF applied.

Grid 2 CF Performance

Now we are all up to date and have functioning CF (game update required!!) I have some crossfire results for you all!

All tests carried out at 1920x1080 with the Ultra preset

Ultra + 8f16x EQAA

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
18083, 135438, 102, 185, 133.515

Grid2_8f16x.png

Ultra + 8xMSAA

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
16595, 129297, 97, 187, 128.348

grid2_8xmsaa.png

Frame rates felt nice and steady on either setting, still room for improvement, each card was sat at around 80% utilisation and naturally we expect frame times to even out with the new driver.

I was using a pre-release version of the game (non-steam), for what ever reason the driver can't have been detecting the game correctly. All sorted now on the steam retail version :)

Something is deffinatly different with these 13.6 drivers, thracks. My GPU temps have fallen nicely, in Farcry3 its gone from 78c to 72c, I haven't played many games with them yet but Heaven Valley ecte.... all see significantly lower temps.

It looks like more than just a HDMI fix.

Anyone else notice this? or IS it just me?

Something is deffinatly different with these 13.6 drivers, thracks. My GPU temps have fallen nicely, in Farcry3 its gone from 78c to 72c, I haven't played many games with them yet but Heaven Valley ecte.... all see significantly lower temps.

It looks like more than just a HDMI fix.

Anyone else notice this? or IS it just me?

Getting same temps tbh

Does anyone know what the default Catalyst driver settings are for video?

I'm using a calibrated monitor and MPC-HC+madVR for rendering video, and would ideally like no "enhancements" applied to the picture. Does it mean I need to disable them manually in CCC every time I update the drivers or can I simply uninstall CCC?

For those asking about 13.6:

This is primarily a bug fix release, to address the HDMI issues with amps/receivers. AFAIK there are no performance additions to this release of the driver.

This hasn't fully fixed the HDMI auido issue through an AMP for me. The 13.5 betas gave no sound at all. The 13.6 now allow the amp to recognise the 5.1 system but the sound is constantly intermittent.

As usual there is the LCD overdrive fix but 13.3 beta 3 are the last drivers to give fully functioning audio over HDMI through an amp (for my set up anyway).

Did you try clean driver sweep and reinstall of drivers? Sure that fixed the amp issue for someone earlier in the thread when it initially didn't work.

Does anyone know what the default Catalyst driver settings are for video?

I'm using a calibrated monitor and MPC-HC+madVR for rendering video, and would ideally like no "enhancements" applied to the picture. Does it mean I need to disable them manually in CCC every time I update the drivers or can I simply uninstall CCC?

I install CCC just in case but I set it to not start up on boot so its non-active. Works for me and its always there if you ever need it.

I got a shock today, I put my HD 7970s back in the rig they normally live in (they had to make room for some green hardware for a while). I then loaded up the latest beta drivers but then found Win 7 aero had stopped working. I then tried to run some of my benches but got the message about lack of Directx 9 support, then another about Directx 11 and on it went. In the end I loaded up a proper set of whql drivers and all was well.

Is this normal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom