• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have a whole 2 days to try them before my cards are sold and 780s arrive. It pains me to think I have waited all this time and jumped ship the exact time they come out ROFL

You're not the only one in that boat matey :o

Figured I'd better get good resale out of them while the goings good, I only lost around £90 all in all over both my cards :)

I've only recently got a crossfire set up, and havnt played many games other than bioshock infinite (but ive a lot more free time this week to game) so worst comes to worst il only have to deal with the framerate issues for a few days (havnt noticed any problems with bioshock but only played and hour and a half since the crossfire setup)

Nvidia do it through hardware and amd are doing it through software , not sure what's the best approach as amd are offering a version that let's you switch it on or off which for benchmarking might be an advantage. I guess when the driver is released we shall see but the amd driver team have been on form for nearly a year so I am expecting it to be pretty good.

I know NVidia use hardware with the GTX 690 but for single cards I am not so sure what they use.

You're not the only one in that boat matey :o

Figured I'd better get good resale out of them while the goings good, I only lost around £90 all in all over both my cards :)

I got one of my WF's for £299 before they went up 100 quid on OCUK! Only getting 210 for each of them :(

Dont drink or smoke though so I have to have my vice's dont I......dont I? :p

I paid £210 each for the cards, another £75 each on waterblocks and got £500 for the pair, so pretty happy with that.

I drink (not so much these days), smoke and have a 7 week old to feed, but dammit I WILL BE GETTING A 780 LIGHTNING!!

Priorities :o

I've just gone Crossfire, first stop is Far Cry 3, reckon it's worth waiting till Wednesday to avoid headaches and frustration?

You could do that, or you could try it out for next two days and see if you can notice any stuttering etc in the first place and then come Wednesday after the drivers are release see again if they do make a noticeable improvement, think I might do this over the next day or two myself

Regardless of whether you notice it or not these drivers are still needed. The PCper article explained perfectly why runt frames and everything else shouldn't of been hidden for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom