• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of whether you notice it or not these drivers are still needed. The PCper article explained perfectly why runt frames and everything else shouldn't of been hidden for so long.

I was not saying that it does not need fixing, I was just pointing out it is something I along with a lot of other people don't notice.

I was not saying that it does not need fixing, I was just pointing out it is something I along with a lot of other people don't notice.

Not sure how you can't feel the difference in something like bf3, to me its very obvious, fps reporting over 60 but it just feels as if its running at much less than that, just a complete lack of fluidity in the framerate.

Yes but +1'ing his comment I found strange, these drivers will be a miracle for some, especially crossfire users. I'm sure the percentage of people who've not had an issue is much lower than the one he's made up.

Not sure how you can't feel the difference in something like bf3, to me its very obvious, fps reporting over 60 but it just feels as if its running at much less than that, just a complete lack of fluidity in the framerate.

From what I understand of it, it varies from setup to setup, what games you play (I like games like Civ5) and person to person.

Yer same, Guru3D guy dont know what he talking about lol or does he? :D

Its not impossible to think it may hit a delay of a few days, especially if this is going to be 13.8 WHQL, remember we haven't had a WHQL driver since 13.4 so we are long over due one.

Getting the WHQL stamp of approval can sometimes be tricky and will occasionally cause a driver to be delayed by a few days.

I say WHQL as AMD have absolutely no reason not to put 13.6 up for WHQL, which they chose not to, so my theory points to tomorrows driver being 13.8 WHQL.

:)

Looking forward to seeing the results from this anticipated driver, got to say, the latest opengl driver is golden for me on a single 7970

Single gpu don't have the frame pacing issue. This driver aimed at crossfire.

Its not impossible to think it may hit a delay of a few days, especially if this is going to be 13.8 WHQL, remember we haven't had a WHQL driver since 13.4 so we are long over due one.

Getting the WHQL stamp of approval can sometimes be tricky and will occasionally cause a driver to be delayed by a few days.

I say WHQL as AMD have absolutely no reason not to put 13.6 up for WHQL, which they chose not to, so my theory points to tomorrows driver being 13.8 WHQL.

:)

Very good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom