1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by subbytna, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Grim5

Wise Guy

So on the anniversary $500usd card, AMD forgot to change the name on the fan shroud - and now we know that before the switch - this card was called the RX690 and the 5700 called the RX680

The RX590 was $279usd on launch
    The RX690 *cough* 5700 xt is up to $500usd on launch

I think AMD changed the name to avoid the backlash. How does that make you feel?

2. BigBANGtheory

Hitman

R7 would have been a great option.... 3yrs ago. In 2019 its just new money for old rope sorry but it is coming from an AMD GPU owner many times over

3. Scougar

Capodecina

People would be battering down the doors to get them had that actually been priced that way with that perf.

I just bought a new king size mattress instead of Navi lol. Something that wasn't overpriced.

4. Martini1991

Caporegime

The only thing wrong with the 5700XT is its price really.

The 5700XT's a mid range part. If they'd priced it as such they'd be selling them hand over fist.

5. CAT-THE-FIFTH

Capodecina

7NM and the 50th anniversary of AMD apparently.

If you look at the GPU size,its close to Polaris.

6. FoxEye

Capodecina

Resigned?

Doesn't change anything, I wasn't going to buy it (at these prices) and so how I feel is really neither here nor there.

I will only feel like buying one if they drop the price... a lot. Like to mid-range prices where they belong. £250 ish. I mean heck it's not much faster than a Vega 56 so £250 is pretty generous!

7. Troezar

Mobster

I would buy Navi if cheaper but even then, as you say, it's not really much faster than older tech.

8. Panos

Capodecina

Yet we do not know how fast it is either, until July 7th......

9. willhub

Capodecina

If I can do another 24 month balance transfer my savings going on ray tracing as opposed to paying off credit cards now. I can't see any point in releasing a card with no new tech.

10. bru

Soldato

This is very true, so far we have based all of our assumptions off of AMD's own slides and although they wont of flat out lied about the performance, their slides might very well be a generous estimation of overall performance.
    Of course their slides must be fairly close due to Nvidia supposedly bringing us the super editions of the 2060,2070 and 2080, so they at least know where performance lies, or thereabouts.

Anyway as Panos quite rightly said we will find out on the 7th July.

11. subbytna

Sgarrista

Do people care about Dacia being slower than Ferrari? Is it to be expected yes?
    Genuine question? My angle for asking will be apparent

12. Zeed

Soldato

13. Grim5

Wise Guy

Did AMD hire Linus? The Navi shroud looks like Linus dropped it again and the designers thought it was supposed to look that way lmao

14. Martini1991

Caporegime

It was funnier when Lisa came out with this horrible bent card asking "Doesn't it look beautiful?" Or words to that affect.

15. Panos

Capodecina

Do the trip between Bologna to Parma by car and have a stop at Maranelo in Italy to browse the Ferrari museum.

Dacia Sandero is the most common car you will see be driven. They are everywhere in Italy and by huge numbers. . :)

16. Panos

Capodecina

17. hyperseven

Soldato

What does that have to do with AMD renaming their card at the last minute :confused:

18. Panos

Capodecina

From the article
    Yet one article bellow completely ignores the facts......

19. humbug

Caporegime

Steve from HUB said there are bias paid reviews on the Internet but most of the ones people are very familiar with don't do it, the ones that do are easy to spot if you know anything at all about the subject. ;)

20. hyperseven

Soldato

One story is about the E3 slides the other is a GPU roundup :confused: