• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Reviews seem to agree the blowers are bad on the launch cards. How long does it usually take for the partner cards to land?
Early August seems to be the suggestion.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/a...aib-customized-cards-available-in-august.html

Yeah the reviews are a mixed bag, they perform pretty good but suffer from vega style heat problems. Wonder if you need, or even can undervolt them. When the launch drivers work that is...
There doesn't seem to be a way in hell a 5800xt or 5900xt can be possible right now, unless they are AIO or AIB only though, right?
The heat issues are only due to the (once again) inadequate blower cooler. There's nothing stopping AMD making a better cooler. Nvidia finally did it for Turing (not that they're particular amazing, but it's better than a blower).

Caporegime
Well I've bought my X570, RAM and 3900X.
Holding off on the 2070 Super until people get hold of the 5700XT.

It looks like it has a base voltage of 1.2V. Maybe there's some room to stabilise things with undervolting. But we shouldn't have to rely on that.

Associate
The 5700 is frequency locked and both run pretty hot. No one in their right minds would buy a blower card. The drivers seem to be crap as well at the moment. I’m certainly going to hold off buying one until they can sort the drivers.

Soldato
If i end up getting a 5700xt..big if at this point, im certainly going to take that blower off and replace it with my trust old MK-26 and a pair of 140mm fans.. Looking forward to see how Navi performs once cooled properly.

Caporegime
Wonder if Navi is compatible with the Morpheus 2.
I'm considering getting a Morpheus 2 and sticking it on my Vega 64.

I'm just so stuck with deciding on a GPU :(.

Only 2070 Super with overclock gives me what I consider an acceptable performance increase. But having just bought a 3900X and X570, I kind of want to be all AMD.

Caporegime
So you couldn't wait 4 days as I said :)

Hilarious.

You went AWOL having touted the 5700XT to be a VII beater.
It's not a VII beater. (Apart from games where GCN seems weak, because the 2080's still miles off it in those games rather than parity)

It's since had a price drop since 2070 Super.
It's between a 2070 and 2070 Super. Which I posted that I expected beforehand.

Don't know how you can come back and pretend you were right. When you weren't.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wonder if Navi is compatible with the Morpheus 2.
I'm considering getting a Morpheus 2 and sticking it on my Vega 64.

I'm just so stuck with deciding on a GPU :(.

Only 2070 Super with overclock gives me what I consider an acceptable performance increase. But having just bought a 3900X and X570, I kind of want to be all AMD.

I use Morpheus II on the Vega 64 after the Predator 360 died. Try to get the Morpheus Vega if you plan to do so. The Morpheus II cooler is too short, leaving 2/3 of the chokes without heatsinks as they do not fit.
Morpheus Vega is taller apparently, but is a unicorn cannot be found in stock :(

Soldato
Hilarious.

You went AWOL having touted the 5700XT to be a VII beater.
It's not a VII beater. (Apart from games where GCN seems weak, because the 2080's still miles off it in those games rather than parity)

It's since had a price drop since 2070 Super.
It's between a 2070 and 2070 Super. Which I posted that I expected beforehand.

Don't know how you can come back and pretend you were right. When you weren't.

I am on holidays, it has 41C here, you expect me to stay in front of a computer during the week? :D

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom