• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
This all makes me more excited to see Navi 20. Looking forward to see the new features in use and when more games are built from the ground up Navi is looking great! Its worth keeping in mind most these games showed are not built with Navi in mind. You then add the more and more devs jumping on AMD ship the future is looking great for AMD.

Caporegime
That's something scratching my head. Vega "blower" at 1576/945 is around 10% faster than 2070 at 1905/7001. (overclock by 30% on most model which are at 1620 boost)
Price wise Vega 64 has £330 (blower) or £390 (Nitro), compared to £450 of the cheapest 2070.

Yet the 5700XT at $450 (£440ish) is again 10% faster than the 2070!!!!!!!! Ofc we do not know which 2070. A 1620 boost clock one of a 1905 overclocked one.

Which makes the Vega 64 a bargain. Sure FidelityFX looks awesome, however I do not see an upgrade path for those having a Vega 64 other than the Radeon VII. :/

And the VII's EOL now.

Caporegime
This all makes me more excited to see Navi 20. Looking forward to see the new features in use and when more games are built from the ground up Navi is looking great! Its worth keeping in mind most these games showed are not built with Navi in mind. You then add the more and more devs jumping on AMD ship the future is looking great for AMD.

How many times do you make a post like this about an AMD feature? Only for said feature to disappear a year later lol.

Associate
Surely it's good that your Vega 64 is future proofed until next gen.
What next gen? AMD are always behind. At this rate there won't be next-gen for at least another 5 years...

I knew it. Such a disappointment. Nothing improves for GPUs. Just prices keep on creeping up and up. Looks like I'm stuck on a 980ti for the next few years.

Soldato
Meh. I've had my golden Vega64 for what feels like 18 months or so now, looks like the 5700XT will be around the same performance ballpark for the same money that I bought my Vega64 for back then. Hardly ground breaking is it, it's a nothing card, especially where they've priced it.

Just fluff is anti lag and fidelityfx. Call me in a few years when they get something to market that will give me x2 perf of my Vega and worth upgrading to.

Soldato
5800XT or 5900XT is surely on the cards. Why buy a Radeon 7?

I'm guessing 5700XT is just a test of the 7nm node with a smaller die. Remember even the 5700XT die is larger than any Zen 2 die.

Caporegime
AMD has been building for this for years now and its starting to all come together, get the same hardware in the consoles and build games across all platforms. Now couldn't be a better time.

It's been coming together for a long time then, given the current consoles are 6 years old and AMD.
Just hyperbole to me.

I'd rather buy a next generation Xbox than spend on a 5700XT.

Back
Top Bottom