• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD R9 290 (non x) Thread

Latest drivers seem stable for me and I'm finally enjoying the card. I bought BF4 and running a stock i5 2500 (struggling to find the time to get a stable OC) and stock 290, hitting 60fps for the majority of the time at 1080p with full eye candy. Happy days.

Now to get the i5 overclocked at stable for better gains..

I've just ordered a 290 and should be receiving it on friday, anything I need to know about the card before using it or anything I should do to make it as good as it can be? Also how hard is adding an aftermarket cooler? I managed to build my PC myself with no prior knowledge but that is relatively easy and I'm scared of breaking my card when I install the other cooler haha

I've just ordered a 290 and should be receiving it on friday, anything I need to know about the card before using it or anything I should do to make it as good as it can be? Also how hard is adding an aftermarket cooler? I managed to build my PC myself with no prior knowledge but that is relatively easy and I'm scared of breaking my card when I install the other cooler haha

I'm sure if you managed to build your own PC you'll manage to fit an aftermarket cooler.

Is there a guide to flash the bios? just got my saphire 290 and i want to put the new biod on it, i have downloaded the file from the saphire website and it contains a few files but no readme.

There's instructions in the download from Sapphire (think it's in a PowerPoint). It's very simple to do but needs a spare USB drive. Works perfectly for flashing a single card just following instructions, can do two at once with Crossfire if you run the command manually and then again with a 1 in place of the 0.

Oh yeah i see the powerpoint now :D

What position does the switch need to be in? towards the front of the card (default position) or towards the rear of the card?

Sapphire Bios does nothing other than change the fan profile btw, i just run mine at stock in heaven, 1253 score, then uninstalled drivers, flashed the cards bios, reinstalled drivers and re-run Heaven, 1252. Was a lot quieter though.

XFX, VTX3D and HIS are the most common unlockers, dont think Sapphire ones will unlock.

Anyone know if you can flash them with the Asus bios tho to unlock the extra volts and stuff? if so anyone got a link to the required bios? the above link has a broken link to the Asus bios :(

Back
Top Bottom