• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would probably say it's not a good idea to lose Freesync unless Vega is really slow. On the blind test between the 1080ti (with G-Sync) and RX Vega (with Freesync) the experience was much the same on both machine. If you lose Freesync i would say with a 1080ti on your monitor you would be downgrading your experience. That's assuming you want to pay for a 1080ti. Anything lower like a gtx1080 and i would comfortably say you would be getting a lesser experience due to missing out on having Freesync available.

If i was you i would wait to see what the pricing and performance is before making any decisions.
And then give it another couple of months for the market to normalise and availability to become better

I sure hope those prices are not the done thing. Same price as a 1080Ti but with 1080 performance seems a big ask on sales to me. Maybe there is still some secret sauce in the RX performance that gives it some serious gains on overall performance.

I sure hope those prices are not the done thing. Same price as a 1080Ti but with 1080 performance seems a big ask on sales to me. Maybe there is still some secret sauce in the RX performance that gives it some serious gains on overall performance.

That price will be stupid if it is real, especially as already the 1080Ti has dropped to under £600 for a bit recently.

That price will be stupid if it is real, especially as already the 1080Ti has dropped to under £600 for a bit recently.
Yer, I did some Googling earlier and can snap up some decent prices on the 1080Ti. Hopefully it is wrong and the RX will be less than the 1080 but HBM2 isn't cheap, so time will tell I guess.

Yes it would hence why a similar monitor from the same manufacturer costs less, because it doesn't have Freesync as a selling point to justify extra cost.

No it doesn't since you are making a one size fits all analogy.

So again instead of deflecting why was the first £100 monitor with DP a FreeSync one and why are all the ones with DP around the same price?

It does not match your little conspiracy of a cost adder for all monitors,does it??

This is the issue - I have done plenty of budget builds,so its news to me.

Edit!!

I actually looked through a few major competitors of OcUK for 22" 1080p monitors using displayport.

The cheapest two 22" monitors with DP are the AOC Gaming G2260VWQ6 and the HannsG HL225PPB. The AOC was the first £100 monitor with DP,and the HannsG gets meh reviews for image quality,and HannsG is even a cheaper make and it costs the same.

My mate got the AOC for his budget gaming rig last month for £100.

He got his RX570 4GB for £160,so for a total of £260 he got a reasonable card and a monitor which does not need him to sustain 60FPS in all games.

Second Edit!!

It also shows you how little research you have done too:

https://uk.hardware.info/reviews/6417/2/aoc-gaming-monitors-review-for-every-budget-aoc-g2260vwq6

I linked to that review and you on purpose ignored it.

If we take a look at connectivity, we also find a DisplayPort, besides the usual HDMI and VGA - which is truly exceptional in this price segment, but it remains a requirement for FreeSync.

http://m.hexus.net/tech/news/monito...-freesync-anti-blue-light-monitors-priced-99/

The monitor was launched at £99,and was the cheapest monitor with displayport in the UK when it came out.

Yet,where is all this flood of massively cheaper 22" monitors with DP?

Not seeing it dude,but no wonder when they all use the same scaler.

Last edited:
Its a sad day when the enthusiast segment of the pc gaming community starts getting sucked in by the whole 'blind test' bench marking methodology, i mean who needs gaming benchmarks and extensive testing when a blind test will do ? What a load of ******* ******.

Its a sad day when the enthusiast segment of the pc gaming community starts getting sucked in by the whole 'blind test' bench marking methodology, i mean who needs gaming benchmarks and extensive testing when a blind test will do ? What a load of ******* ******.

This. It really has the advantage of showing how futureproof a card will be :)

No it doesn't.
Lulwat? I wasn't voicing an opinion I was making a statement of fact. The monitor YOU referenced costs more than the same size monitor from the same manufacturer without Freesync, the manufacturer are clearly charging more for what they see and an additional feature of value. In the case of their 24" versions the Freesync model costs £30 more than the non Freesync version.

Lulwat? I wasn't voicing an opinion I was making a statement of fact. The monitor YOU referenced costs more than the same size monitor from the same manufacturer without Freesync, the manufacturer are clearly charging more for what they see and an additional feature of value. In the case of their 24" versions the Freesync model costs £30 more than the non Freesync version.

What opinion - stop deflecting. I went through multiple retailers,and linked to multiple review sites and news sites. I listed the models,so find me right NOW in the five minutes a 22" 1080p monitors with built in speakers for £70 brand new,in stock at lots of retailers.

Thats the point you can't make it - those are the two cheapest 22" monitors in the UK,which I have used in at least two budget builds.

You seem terrified to admit that FreeSync monitors can be as cheap as their non-FreeSync versions,so are trying your best to hide from the general public that even £100 FreeSync monitors exist,which have good reviews.

What opinion - stop deflecting. I went through multiple retailers,and linked to multiple review sites and news sites. I listed the models,so find me right NOW in the five minutes a 22" 1080p monitors with built in speakers for £70 brand new,in stock at lots of retailers.

Thats the point you can't make it - those are the two cheapest 22" monitors in the UK,which I have used in at least two budget builds.
What?

Is this some kind of next level straw or have you actually forgotten what we were discussing yesterday? lol.

What?

Is this some kind of next level straw or have you actually forgotten what we were discussing yesterday? lol.

What straw - YOU SAID their was a cost adder,yet in the UK the cheapest non-FreeSync 22" monitor with DP and the same with FreeSync cost £100?

So,you just said there was a £30 difference - so quote me the £70 22" 1080p monitor with DP which I can find at a few retailers??

I would like to know myself,since obviously you found one.

Edit!!

Still waiting dude,its been 5 minutes,I want to find this £70 22" 1080p monitor with DP.

Tell me the model number,I can have a looksy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom