• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep cheers, thats the plan, but i can feel myself turning green soon .... both in an angry and expensive way ..

Well in the end if AMD has a worse performing card at a similar price to Nvidia,then TBH that would technically make the Nvidia option cheaper?? :p

But maybe wait and see how it pans out,and if AMD does release a "slow" card at a high price,the community will pan them,and they will learn to do a better job next time.

AMD on Gaming vs. Pro Mode: “Not a Placeholder” in FE

Typically, and straight from the mouth of AMD, pro drivers do not update as frequently as consumer drivers. When the updates happen, the pro drivers will receive all the same game-level optimizations as the consumer drivers. Let’s say you’re running the pro drivers and Battlefield 6 launches: Those pro drivers don’t need an update (the professional applications haven’t changed), and so don’t receive one on game launch. The drivers are unoptimized for this fictional game. Consumer drivers have launched, though, to support the new title. Going forward, AMD hopes to leverage its toggle switch to permit the user to fetch those consumer drivers for playing the latest games. At a later date, maybe when AutoCAD updates, the professional drivers will eventually launch and include the game optimizations.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3000-amd-gaming-pro-mode-and-other-driver-updates

there was a difference though.3 preferred the AMD system and 1 Preferred the Nvidia system :D:D:D. The other 6 couldn't really tell the difference.

:D

Well i posted a chart earlier in the thread, showed the XTX (AIO cooled) and XT (Air cooled XTX) were ref only, so AMDs AIO and Crappy blower, only The cut-down XL was coming custom cooled.

Wether its true or not, pass. :p

So again another case,of you supporting your mates in an AMD *Snip*

You see it how you like but me personally just read you ranting at everyone and claiming this or that and I didn't even read half of what you wrote, as I am here with interest in Vega and how it performs, what it can do, how much it costs and other similar things. Anyways, I am doing no better now, so will try to ignore anything you have to say on monitor tech and hopefully get some good RX Vega tech info/chat :)

Are we even sure [H] had up to date drivers? It wouldn't be the first time that AMD have held back drivers until launch day and then sent them to reviewers. It annoys the reviewers no end, but it does stop any leaks. Of course, you also end up with lots of initial reviews done on non-launch drivers that stick around and haunt AMD, but that's par for the course for AMD.

If AMD uses the Pepsi challenge format to obfuscate Vega RX's performance, it could be because they don't want people benchmarking because they haven't given out the launch drivers to any reviewer, and have no intention of doing so until the launch. They want the reviews out between launch and ship time, they want them on the correct drivers, because AMD still are still hiding everything about the performance.

That would explain why Kyle's "exclusive" was so restricted and limited. AMD don't want anyone actually testing yet.

Well i posted a chart earlier in the thread, showed the XTX (AIO cooled) and XT (Air cooled XTX) were ref only, so AMDs AIO and Crappy blower, only The cut-down XL was coming custom cooled.

You sure you won't be buying one or two Vega's Loadsa? :p

Are we even sure [H] had up to date drivers? It wouldn't be the first time that AMD have held back drivers until launch day and then sent them to reviewers. It annoys the reviewers no end, but it does stop any leaks. Of course, you also end up with lots of initial reviews done on non-launch drivers that stick around and haunt AMD, but that's par for the course for AMD.

If AMD uses the Pepsi challenge format to obfuscate Vega RX's performance, it could be because they don't want people benchmarking because they haven't given out the launch drivers to any reviewer, and have no intention of doing so until the launch. They want the reviews out between launch and ship time, they want them on the correct drivers, because AMD still are still hiding everything about the performance.

That would explain why Kyle's "exclusive" was so restricted and limited. AMD don't want anyone actually testing yet.
It wasn't reviewed, it was just the blind test using an engineering sample. AMD took it away at the end of the day.
There might not be any actual cards to review. It could account for the lack of leaks.

I would say that chart is about what's coming at launch. I can't see them releasing an air cooled card and not allowing improved designs from partners. Most brand new top cards from AMD launch this way.

It also said the XL cards will be coming with AIO coolers around a month later. With it being the same chip but cut down then why wouldn't partners be slapping the same coolers on the full chip.

He did say he wiped the OS's and installed the drivers, so pretty sure it was all above board in that respect. Not a bad test either but I wouldn't buy my gear on the basis of 'blind testing' in one game but at least the test had the majority liking the AMD system more than I was expecting but the blind test was a bit naff in terms of one game and VA Vs IPS.

He did say he wiped the OS's and installed the drivers, so pretty sure it was all above board in that respect. Not a bad test either but I wouldn't buy my gear on the basis of 'blind testing' in one game but at least the test had the majority liking the AMD system more than I was expecting but the blind test was a bit naff in terms of one game and VA Vs IPS.
Just the bit about trying to make the monitors look the same doesn't sit well with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom