• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up an immacualte Samsung K7000 4K 55" HDR tv for £350 second hand :)

TV prices are nowhere near as expensive now as they were, everything is dropping as newer models come out, but the older models are still fantastic screens. Deals are out there to be had in shops for sure.
Woot the flip?! where?

I hope they go bankrupt releasing it at 1K. NVIDIA will now go insane on Volta pricing.
Where's the logic in that? So you think AMD with high prices will allow nvidia to go insane with pricing with Volta. AMD bankrupt would allow nvidia to do what with pricing? No competition mate. So do you really sincerely hope for that? I flippin heck don't or ill be done with PC gaming and hello consoles.

Where's the logic in that? So you think AMD with high prices will allow nvidia to go insane with pricing with Volta. AMD bankrupt would allow nvidia to do what with pricing? No competition mate. So do you really sincerely hope for that? I flippin heck don't or ill be done with PC gaming and hello consoles.

Supply and demand shifts to consoles, prices go up on consoles.

Supply and demand shifts to consoles, prices go up on consoles.
Doubtful. When the Xbox one and PS4 came out you struggled to buy one yet prices remained at RRP. Only problem was the Xbox one released with the new Kinect and no one wanted it and it added an extra £100 to the price.

Also its the retailers taking the pee literally with PC hardware with supply and demand. Mining prices etc.

I hope they go bankrupt releasing it at 1K. NVIDIA will now go insane on Volta pricing.

Now why would gaming Vega with 8GB HBM2 be more expensive than the semi-pro VEGA FE with 16GB HBM2?
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...am.html?tap_a=3629-86a85a&tap_s=129258-3bea7e

Use some common sense when making these assumptions please. Or is that too much of a task for some? Much easier to just be totally irrational and wish AMD to go bankrupt based on a very pathetic and ill conceived assumption.

Now why would gaming Vega with 8GB HBM2 be more expensive than the semi-pro VEGA FE with 16GB HBM2?
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...am.html?tap_a=3629-86a85a&tap_s=129258-3bea7e

Use some common sense when making these assumptions please. Or is that too much of a task for some? Much easier to just be totally irrational and wish AMD to go bankrupt based on a very pathetic and ill conceived assumption.

The one on the UK sight is a watercooled version so you need to compare it to this-

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...ics-card-16gb-hbm2-4096-stream-gx-02d-am.html

I still doubt it will be ~1K because that would be insane, but it is hardly too outlandish, especially when you consider the price of the water cooled version of the Frontier Edition.

Guys, I wouldn't put too much stock in the prices being shown and they are generally place holder prices being set ready for launch and then adjusted when the launch happens. Unless there really is performance to come from drivers that makes the RX smash the 1080Ti, I would seriously expect sensible prices at launch.

I am sure most of us do..But its fun to sharpen up the pitch forks and wrap fresh linen covered in new pig fat round the sticks awaiting to be lit... ready to march up to the shire & castle AMD......

I am sure most of us do..But its fun to sharpen up the pitch forks and wrap fresh linen covered in new pig fat round the sticks awaiting to be lit... ready to march up to the shire & castle AMD......
Haha, I am no stranger to that and enjoy some good banter myself :D I genuinely do hope they have a beast though and at a 'sensible' price :)

I mean we'll see for sure once the RX Vega launches will all the hardware features turned on.

However, it just seems like there's some fundamental roadblock with GCN and high clockspeeds. It just destroys its perf/w.

And while Vega is 'NCU' its still fundamentally built upon GCN.

I just hope Navi is a fundamentally different architecture to GCN. As much a departure from GCN as Maxwell is to Fermi.

I don't think Navi will be that much different from Vega, because Raja mentioned that the Vega architecture wasn't going to be a 1 generation architecture and that it would be used for multiple generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom