• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD seems to be firing on all cylinders right now, with the launch of Ryzen ThreadRipper taking place right next to AMD returning to the high-end graphics card market with Radeon RX Vega. Now we're hearing about AMD's new quad-core APU with Vega GPU technology, the Ryzen 5 2500U. AMD is expected to launch its new Raven Ridge APUs in the coming months, but it looks like the first Ryzen 2000 series processor has already been tested and rocks 4C/8T of CPU goodness, and looks like a mobile SKU.

58591_03_amd-ryzen-2500u-spotted-new-apu-rocks-vega-gpu-tech.jpg

Read more: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58591....it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=tweaktown

Anyone who believes that Swedish price are deluded. It is a placeholder price and is normal practice for such web sites.
Exactly the same thing was said when the Frontier Edition prices were leaked................and they turned out to be true :D

The one on the UK sight is a watercooled version so you need to compare it to this-

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...ics-card-16gb-hbm2-4096-stream-gx-02d-am.html

I still doubt it will be ~1K because that would be insane, but it is hardly too outlandish, especially when you consider the price of the water cooled version of the Frontier Edition.
If the cards were all in the same range it wouldn't look too out of place, sadly :(

As an Nvidia user for the last 6 years this is how the drivers from both camps have been presented too me.

Nvidia always seem to have features before AMD do. For example Fastsync and Shadowplay.

Nvidia drivers (this is probably just my biased green perspective) just seem more polished. Higher quality code. (Again impossible to quantify most likely not true)

But what AMD have that Nvidia don't, is ever 6-9 months you get a big breakthrough drivers. Loads of new features, big performance improvements etc....

We hardly ever get anything like that in team green.

Is that just because Nvidia have less optimisation to do as they are already very optimised?

As an Nvidia user for the last 6 years this is how the drivers from both camps have been presented too me.

Nvidia always seem to have features before AMD do. For example Fastsync and Shadowplay.

Nvidia drivers (this is probably just my biased green perspective) just seem more polished. Higher quality code. (Again impossible to quantify most likely not true)

But what AMD have that Nvidia don't, is ever 6-9 months you get a big breakthrough drivers. Loads of new features, big performance improvements etc....

We hardly ever get anything like that in team green.

I not used an Nvidia GPU for awhile in my own personal rig. But I was messing around with the drivers other week at a friends house, I not sure if you used the New AMD driver software yet. They just isn't any competition am sorry that might sound like I just sticking up for AMD for the sake of it but I not.
The driver software loads faster, better looking, easier to navigate, and just looks more modern.

Nvidia drivers
Longer loading even on SSD, Look dated, confusing navigate "might be because I not used to them" Less responsive

I not used an Nvidia GPU for awhile in my own personal rig. But I was messing around with the drivers other week at a friends house, I not sure if you used the New AMD driver software yet. They just isn't any competition am sorry that might sound like I just sticking up for AMD for the sake of it but I not.
The driver software loads faster, better looking, easier to navigate, and just looks more modern.

Nvidia drivers
Longer loading even on SSD, Look dated, confusing navigate "might be because I not used to them" Less responsive

I haven't used the AMD driver software for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom