• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who believes that Swedish price are deluded. It is a placeholder price and is normal practice for such web sites.

Some random store could be considered placeholder pricing to get early pre-orders in but this is not that anymore. There are reliable sources now so unless AMD is for some insane reason trying to fool everyone, the launch prices will be really high. For reference Vega RX 64 air cooled models will be around or above 950 euros on launch in Finland, water cooled ones at or above 1100 euros.

Vega 56 pricing seems unknown at this point and obviously we also lack final performance numbers so still hoping that they can compete in performance considering the reported prices and power consumption.

The one on the UK sight is a watercooled version so you need to compare it to this-

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...ics-card-16gb-hbm2-4096-stream-gx-02d-am.html

I still doubt it will be ~1K because that would be insane, but it is hardly too outlandish, especially when you consider the price of the water cooled version of the Frontier Edition.

I realised AMD never mentioned Frontier Editon warranty on Radeon site and noticed OCUK didn't mentioned warranty either. I checked 3 competitors all confirmed both Frontier Edition Air Cooler and Water Cooler cards has 1 year warranty. RX Vega 64 and RX Vega 56 will have 2 to 3 years warranty that are the big difference so £999 for 8GB RX Vega 64 Water Cooler with 3 years warranty seem sensible price for gaming than get professional 16GB Vega Frontier Edition Water Cooler with 1 year warranty for insanely £1799 price on OCUK.

I am sure most of us do..But its fun to sharpen up the pitch forks and wrap fresh linen covered in new pig fat round the sticks awaiting to be lit... ready to march up to the shire & castle AMD......

Haha, I am no stranger to that and enjoy some good banter myself :D I genuinely do hope they have a beast though and at a 'sensible' price :)

I hope so too that is why i voted on the hype train in fact i am the driver :( once that furnace is stoked up she can not STOP ...

Nice to finally see the Pro-Nvidia crowd finally admitting to what can only be called deliberately trolling the AMD threads for their amusement. Oh sorry, my mistake when Nvidia users go Trolling it's "enjoying some good banter". If that indeed is the case then please stop whining when you get it back the other way. I have a vision of them all waiting for Sunday and sharpening their swords and axes ready for the slaughter that they so want to revel in.

The problem is that the long term result could be that we loose AMD/RTG in the graphics arena and if that happens PC gaming will be killed off by high graphics card prices.....better get used to using your thumbs for aiming and forefingers for pulling the triggers. :(

I don't think Navi will be that much different from Vega, because Raja mentioned that the Vega architecture wasn't going to be a 1 generation architecture and that it would be used for multiple generations.

Haven't seen that, but not promising if so :/

Although they are reusing Vega for their 1/2 DP HPC card on 7nm called Vega 20. Supposedly anyway.

That was partly why I hoped Navi might be a step away, if they're going to reuse Vega for HPC it suggests Navi may strip out some compute for more focus on gaming and deep-learning.

AMD might well be doing a Nvidia with the reference water cooled card being one of the most expensive vega's . I wouldn't panic till we see what the air cooled ones and AIB prices look like.

Nice to finally see the Pro-Nvidia crowd finally admitting to what can only be called deliberately trolling the AMD threads for their amusement. Oh sorry, my mistake when Nvidia users go Trolling it's "enjoying some good banter". If that indeed is the case then please stop whining when you get it back the other way. I have a vision of them all waiting for Sunday and sharpening their swords and axes ready for the slaughter that they so want to revel in.

You have to admit though, if you support either side or none at all the graphics card discussion is really super serious. I mean come on, it is only computer hardware.

The problem is that the long term result could be that we loose AMD/RTG in the graphics arena and if that happens PC gaming will be killed off by high graphics card prices.....better get used to using your thumbs for aiming and forefingers for pulling the triggers. :(
Wait wut??? I have said from the off that I hope AMD do well and even the post you quoted said that. How on earth is it trolling? You need to man up a bit fella and quit with the whining.

Edit:

In fact, search all my posts in this thread and you will see I have been totally pro AMD, so you are bang out of order!

why-so-serious-graffiti-edit-prints.jpg

I have both AMD and Nvidia cards and no fanboy of neither in fact i find it all rather childish the whole fanboy thing..Just a little banter and fun that is all... lighten up its FRIDAY :)

Is this launch on Sunday 30th July? If so does anyone know what time it is & if it is live online? I'm praying AMD has some great stuff & it's affordable. Keep Nvidia on their toes & maybe push them to bring Volta out this year.

• VEGA11 XT AIB MBA
  • VEGA11 PRO AIB MBA
  • VEGA10 XT MBA DTOEM
  • VEGA10 XL MBA DTOEM
  • VEGA10 XT MBA AIB
  • VEGA10 XL MBA AIB
  • VEGA10 XTX LIQUID MBA AIB
  • VEGA10 XT MBA AIB Reggs FCST
  • VEGA10 XTX LIQUID MBA AIB Reggs
  • VEGA10 XTX AIR MBA AIB
  • VEGA10 XTX AIR MBA AIB Reggs
  • VEGA10 XT MBA DTOEM DELL NO EXTENDER