• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
twitter4is1c.png

Soldato
But that cube is so..... wantable and my life will be complete with it :D Of course waiting would be smart but I am more pleased to see sensible prices being shown.

I know. Usually I am not on such geeky things, but that holocude, if price is right, I WANT ONE...
But my life will be fulfilled if I win the card signed by Raja. Nothing less

Associate
I thought I was the only one who dislikes that bloke. Happy to hear I am not alone in my own club!
I'm actually surprised I thought I was alone. Genuinely, on a scale from 'mildly annoying' to 'I'd rather eat my own feet' I can see myself saving money on shoes in the future if I'm ever forced to sit through another one of his videos.
He should be on compulsory Ritalin.

I'm thinking of setting up a support group

Soldato
I agree with this, 4k at 32" sounds good.

It's not about the perfect choice, Any tech reviewer worth his salt know's what's been shown and what everyone's waiting to see which is how RX Vega run's DX11 titles...
what? Lots of us expect our expensive - now very expensive - gpu to last 2 to 4 years. I need dx12 performance months ago in games like hitman. Many of those dx11 titles will be irrelevant in the next few years. Not much good if it's only fast it old games we don't play anymore!

Associate
I'm actually surprised I thought I was alone. Genuinely, on a scale from 'mildly annoying' to 'I'd rather eat my own feet' I can see myself saving money on shoes in the future if I'm ever forced to sit through another one of his videos.
He should be on compulsory Ritalin.

I'm thinking of setting up a support group

Count me among the rank. It takes a lot of effort to listen to him for more than minute.

V F

V F

Soldato
Some of their review videos are alright, but that live unboxing was pretty annoying and clingy.

Indeed. Some are good, however...

I hold the golden cable!1111 It felt like seeing those cringey Apple launch shop purchases as the first person comes out holding the box. While the blue t-shirt employees all applaud.

Soldato
last two weeks of the current job and the first month of the next job.. and in case if you have a brief 2 week sabbatical in between those two jobs. so its like a total of two months before work life goes for a toss.. i would recommend maximizing this golden opportunity than waiting for vega.. so the best strategy is wait for newsflow till tomorrow and take the best course of action (which atm is pointing at the 1080 ti, unless vega solved some real world supply chain problems while also helping researchers with breakthroughs in cancer treatment) :D

Yeah, I feel like giving it until tomorrow morning at the latest. Then I'm ordering as this is my last week off before I'm starting.

Want at least a few days with a fantastic setup before staring at an iMac all day long :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom