The American Police

Soldato
Saw this video on Reddit - it look utterly shocking! 18 rounds in 4 seconds or something, that doesn't seem like a trained response - but then again, I work in IT and have never fired anything other than a shotgun at clays.

Poor woman. More training needed for those Officer imo.

Soldato
As of 12/28/17
128 officers died in the line of duty this year, down from 135 in 2016. Since 1959, only 2013 saw fewer officers die while on duty, when 116 were killed, according to data from the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.

The cops don't get paid enough.

Soldato
What? Your figure is even lower than mine

That's hardly a dangerous job

To put that in perspective groundworks is a more dangerous job...

Except the article clearly states it's only counting those "killed as a result of a criminal act". How many groundworkers were deliberately killed because of their job last year, I wonder?

Soldato
I holiday in the US every year and drive thousands of miles, and I have never had or witnessed any sort of incident, no shoot outs, no high speed chases.

Been stopped once or twice for, ahem, traffic stuff, and I have found the police officers polite, efficient and professional.

The sad truth is, provided you keep well away from the Black neighborhoods. You are not really much more likely to see any of these things in the US than you are in the UK :/

Soldato
Not true as I posted before, a cop is there to deter and apprehended criminals, they have no constitutional duty to protect the public. Though those principles have probably become a bit skewed over time, in this country they act as social workers or in the cities, as human roadblocks.

Stop posting nonsense:

LAPD-door.jpg

Literally written on every single police car.

Soldato
OP
Stop posting nonsense:

LAPD-door.jpg

Literally written on every single police car.

That's just writing on a side of a car, means nothing.

It's true what jsmoke posted, that's not a hidden secret or anything, freely available to read in the legal documents or if you will, the "fine print".

This has already been tested at court, for example Warren v. District of Columbia case.

It sums up, the Police do not owe you as an individual a duty of care, but they owe the public a duty of care.

There is a reason for this, because the Police like any other government service only has limited amount of resources and can't provide for everyone, so if an situation arises and they can't help you because they busy elsewhere, then you on your own.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Another unarmed black guy shot dead in the US, as reported on the news this morning.

The chap is holding up a mobile phone to record the police as he stands next to his car, cop shoots him because he can't see both his hands.

The US police really are indefensible.

Soldato
Another unarmed black guy shot dead in the US, as reported on the news this morning.

The chap is holding up a mobile phone to record the police as he stands next to his car, cop shoots him because he can't see both his hands.

The idiot never done what he was told.
And purposely hid his right lower arm to make it look like he has something to hide.

All he had to do was to show both hands.

Soldato
I saw that video and thougth that black bloke is going to be shot in a minute if he doesn't bring his right arm into view.
The silly bugger didn't so he got shot.
Don't they ever learn never trust a US cop - get your hands up quick - sometimes even that doesn't work but you have a better chance to stay alive..

My typing is a bit slow.- beaten to the punch by above.

Soldato

As by this point literally everyone knows how American cops react it was a stupid thing to do. I'd certainly be sticking both hands straight up and hoping for the best, not filming them.

Back
Top Bottom