The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Watched the end of Tokurei Sochi Dantai Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-Bu this evening. Generally a quite reasonable little series about a girls school airsoft club. It was quite fun for the most part (but don't expect to much from it) although it did get quite dark in the middle. Not bad though.

Iron Warrior I'll keep an eye out for it :)

I finished Stien's Gate Friday evening which was very good, really nicely done and something I don't think I've seen done in quite that way in any sci-fi before.
I'd recommend it to any sci-fi fan (younger brother surprised me when I mentioned I was watching it by coming out with "do da doo" :D - and then admitted he'd only seen the first episode).

I'm not quite sure what i'm going to watch next, but I'm currently reading the first of the High School of the Dead omnibus editions, by supporting most of the weight on my desk whilst reading it.
It's like holding a couple of reams of printer paper with the size/weight*, but is really nicely printed, and looks like it's going to go a fair bit further than the anime in the story (I'm about a quarter of the way through it, and probably about a third/half the way through what was covered in the anime at a guess).

*Nearly 800 pages, A4 in hardback :eek:

Double post time;)

Just spotted that Animeigo are looking at doing a kickstarter for a blu-ray release of Bubblegum Crisis, with some of the extras being thought about things like potentially including A.D Police if a certain level is reached, but with other extras including things like the "data bank" images and books, possibly the drama cd's (presumably with some sort of slide show and subbed), and possibly even a new dub if enough people pledged.
The most interesting bit for me though, is that they look to be doing it region free and with the ability to send it anywhere in the world apart from Asia (I guess they must have ROW rights to it), all of which makes me want it*, despite having already bought BGC at least twice.

*Assuming cost isn't massive (from what little I've seen they want to make the set available for backers at one of the lower tiers).

OMG

Walkure Romanze, the first episode has been released! Been waiting for this so long! Hope the TV series sparks a interest in the VN being translated! Really want to play it.

This is a month of awesome, Freezing 2 episode 1 was released few days ago and I just completed watching the entire first season in two days (watched it 10+ times so far), so many great shows this season!

Don't forgot about IS Infinite Stratos 2 too, I really loved the first episode, Laura-chan was so cute! I love how they giving her a bigger part now and making her a lot more cute. The second half of the first episode could had it's own OVA though, but saying that, my friend has told me, it is getting a OVA just for that part later on, kinda weird.

Last edited:
on what level will you put the ecchi-ness of freezing ? Is it that much that it looks like you are watching H ? I can tolerate a bit of ecchi but when everything is all about breasts and all i get bored watching it

on the other hand ippo The Rising has just started :D

on what level will you put the ecchi-ness of freezing ? Is it that much that it looks like you are watching H ? I can tolerate a bit of ecchi but when everything is all about breasts and all i get bored watching it

How can you not like breasts? But anyway, I leave how eechi it is up too you really, being the second season, it be a little more eechi then the first I guess.

cheers ill give the first season a shot.
dont get me wrong i like them but when its way too much that its becoming the main point of the show i just skip on to the next episode or try a different one

cheers ill give the first season a shot.
dont get me wrong i like them but when its way too much that its becoming the main point of the show i just skip on to the next episode or try a different one

The first season does have a lot of eechi parts, pretty much all the fights they get themselves into ends up with all their uniforms being ripped off, but that's not Freezing's selling point, it's not like To Love Ru.

Ah, had some time for once this weekend so re-watched a couple of things ... Clannad (season 1) and A__a The Origination .... both great series and well worth a re-watch now and then :)

Yes, I been rewatching a lot of series, always have something going.

Finished Maria Sama Watches Over Us again. Have Strawberry Panic, Shuffle, Elfin Lied, Clannad and A R I A the Natural and a dozen others.

Attack on Titan.
4 episodes in, started watching after someone on another board posted a gif then someone else replied to it saying how good it was.

May have mentioned in this thread before that I've seen almost all of the popular anime series of the past 10-20 years and I couldn't even name them all off the top of my head but Attack on Titan was surprising. The humour is there in the first 4 eps but it happens unexpectedly and when you read the sub you double-take then snigger.

Sasha's fart?! :D

Anyway, Space Brothers should be next I think. Titan is short, only a season. Still yet to come across something that beats Cowboy Bebop though.

Since White Album 2 is airing, I thought I better watch the first series, White Album. I watched the first episode a long time ago and stalled at the second. Tonight/morning I just watched 5 episodes beginning with the first again.

Really enjoyed it, why did I put this off for so long? :/

stein;gate
fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
eden of the east
ghost in the shell standalone complex 1st gig & 2nd gig
summer wars
black lagoon
get backers

that should get you started

That's a bigger list than i thought. You guys advice to actually buy the Dvd instead of other ways so in thinking of just getting one or two to start me off?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom