The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

I'm probably showing my age and failing memory, but I didn't realise you were an anime fan Stelly....

/fully expects to have it pointed out you've been posting in this thread for ages :p

Cheers Putty, I may well look at getting them at some point in that case.
Aye, I'm oddly excited about Patlabor on Blu-ray - I've got it pre-ordered (and already have the old US dvd's).

Talking of old stuff getting blu-rays, it looks like Animiego are probably aiming to do their new Bubblegum Crisis release for about $45 + shipping as the starting price for a set on their Kickstarter proposal :)
At that price even though it's going to get hit by customs (adding about 50% to the cost after handling), I'm probably going to get it, despite already having both the pink and blue boxes.

well Patlabor Mobile Police: Series 1 is released on the 18th but for those of us with MR Players Patlabor TV: Collection 1 & 2 are already out in the USA with Collection 3 & 4 to be released on the 5th of November and 7th of January 2014.

I'm probably showing my age and failing memory, but I didn't realise you were an anime fan Stelly....

/fully expects to have it pointed out you've been posting in this thread for ages :p

Been a massive anime fan for years mate and have posted loads in both this thread and the old one before it got closed, I have also pm'd you a few times asking about anime stuffs mate lol :D

Stelly

I've got my copy of part 1 & 2 of steins;gate Blu-ray sitting on the self waiting for me to finish what I've started watching, that being FMB Blu ray collection 1 as of Monday as I received collection 2 that day, so once that finish I move on to stein;gate.

@bakes0310 - if you like claymore why not try black lagoon & black lagoon Roberta blood trail, berserk (TV)

Got Black Lagoon, I never heard of Black Lagoon Roberta blood trail is that a follow on?
Berserk is on my amazon wishlist so ill be getting it at some point.

Got Black Lagoon, I never heard of Black Lagoon Roberta blood trail is that a follow on?
Berserk is on my amazon wishlist so ill be getting it at some point.

yeah black lagoon Roberta blood trail is a 5 episode ova but the episodes are numbered consecutively starting from the end of the second television series.

25. Collateral Massacre
26. An Office Man's Tactics
27. Angels in the Crosshairs
28. Oversaturation Kill Box
29. Codename Paradise, Status MIA

the five episode ova is centre around the Lovelace family maid Roberta who comes to Roanapur seeking revenge.

Original Video Animation

(i.e. direct to media release rather than a broadcast release)

Things like an extra episode on the media release of a series or extra disks separately released with previously unshown episodes.

Last edited:
well Patlabor Mobile Police: Series 1 is released on the 18th but for those of us with MR Players Patlabor TV: Collection 1 & 2 are already out in the USA with Collection 3 & 4 to be released on the 5th of November and 7th of January 2014.

You don't need a multi region player for the US patlabor blu-rays as there's no lock out on title selection on the locking notification screen, so you only have to select the correct title for the first episode and it'll play (but you'll only have access to the popup menu as pressing the top menu button will take you back to the lock screen).

Talking of old stuff getting blu-rays, it looks like Animiego are probably aiming to do their new Bubblegum Crisis release for about $45 + shipping as the starting price for a set on their Kickstarter proposal :)
At that price even though it's going to get hit by customs (adding about 50% to the cost after handling), I'm probably going to get it, despite already having both the pink and blue boxes.

Until you posted this I had no idea that Animeigo were looking at a HD release for Bubblegum Crisis. I'm sold already. Having spent £160 (not including the music videos) 20 years ago, $50 or $100 seems cheap to me :) will be keeping an eye on their website for when the kickstarter goes live.

I'm hooked on anime.

So much that I wan't a game like SAO. How cool would that level of Virtual Reality be.

Also are they making a r3 to Code Geass?

Anythoughts on Claymore or Hunter X Hunter or One Piece?

Last edited:
I'm hooked on anime.

So much that I wan't a game like SAO. How cool would that level of Virtual Reality be.

well have a look in this month issue of PC Gamer as it has few pages on VR, ini the article it list the four components you would need to do a home VR Set up. a Virtuix Omni (360 degree treadmill), Mag II motion Controller (SMG shape Gun), Oculus Rift developer kit and Razer Hydra motion controllers.

Also are they making a r3 to Code Geass?

Anythoughts on Claymore or Hunter X Hunter or One Piece?

claymore is very good, as for Hunter X Hunter I can't comment on the remake as I've haven't watched it yet but the original was very good and I have read good thing about the remake. as for one piece it one of those shows were some like it and some don't like. I've watch up to episode 195 of one piece and so far enjoy it but like other big show bleach, naruto etc it has some filler episodes in it.

Last edited:
Cheers pecnarf. Ill look into claymore after Accel World,

Still want a little more romance though. Unless Accel World gets a bit more. Cant see it with the short shy fat kid though. ;)

Watched 2 episodes of cowboy bebop so far its seems pretty good. Very well done and I can see it really did inspire a lot of other animes and games. Looks great in blueray. Gonna probably watch them all before the end of the week. Then I can make a start on steins gate.

Edit: I see they bought out Hellsing Ultimate on blueray, any good?

Last edited:
Watched 2 episodes of cowboy bebop so far its seems pretty good. Very well done and I can see it really did inspire a lot of other animes and games. Looks great in blueray. Gonna probably watch them all before the end of the week. Then I can make a start on steins gate.

Edit: I see they bought out Hellsing Ultimate on blueray, any good?

yes it very good indeed but they only released 2 collection so far containing episode 1 - 4 in the first collection and in the second collection containing episode 5-8. episode 9 and 10 have yet to be released to finish off the ova series.

Back
Top Bottom