The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Associate
I am a little bit disappointed that AoT is:
Heading into the same direction as The Walking dead...everything seems to be just "civil war" now among themselves.

Soldato
Looking for some recommendations for a new series to watch as there's so much to choose from!

List of stuff I've liked for ideas... Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Trigun, FMA, DBZ, My Hero Academia, Sword Art Online, Hunter x Hunter, Tokyo Ghoul, One Punch Man, Mob Psycho, Gundam stuff, Death Note, AoT, Evangelion.

So basically I'm looking for awesomeness.:D

Associate
Looking for some recommendations for a new series to watch as there's so much to choose from!

List of stuff I've liked for ideas... Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Trigun, FMA, DBZ, My Hero Academia, Sword Art Online, Hunter x Hunter, Tokyo Ghoul, One Punch Man, Mob Psycho, Gundam stuff, Death Note, AoT, Evangelion.

well tokyo ghoul season 3 recently came out and aot season 3 is now airing.

My top recommendation to you is

Seven Deadly Sins aka Nanatso no Taizai. (season 1 and 1.5 are on netflix, season 2 just aired in subs. season 2 is insanely good)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/23755/Nanatsu_no_Taizai?q=seven deadly sins

Overlord (season 1 and 2 are really good, season 3 is now airing)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/29803/Overlord?q=overlord

Fate Series (fate/zero, fate/stay night, fate/apocrypha. Fate/apoc and fate/stay night are on netflix)

Hellsing Ultimate

Other awesome anime are

Akama Ga Kill
Steins Gate (on netlix, very famous scifi time travel anime)
Ajin (netflix)
Code Geass (Season 1 on netflix, season 2 on funimation. Prepare to cry)
Re:zero (one of my faves, dub currently airing)
Guilty Crown
Kabaneri Of The Iron Fortress
Magi series
Sereph Of The End

You can browse my anime list, a lot of the stuff you have watched is what im into

https://anilist.co/user/Gabbatek/animelist

You can watch the dubs at funimation.com they give you 16 days free trial and you can cancel anytime, it's £5 a month just like netflix

Subs are on crunchyroll, but i dont use it

Associate

Black lagoon
full metal panic
aldnoah zero
Overlord
log horizon
Jormungand
claymore
psycho pass
Ghost in the shell: standalone complex
Ghost in the shell: arise
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
one piece

Associate
Jojo Bizarre Adventure Part 5 Vento Aureo coming out later this year..I'm pumped for this if anyone hasn't heard the news awhile ago.
On subject of Jojo, anyone read the manga? I'm tempted to get part 1 volume 1-3.

Associate

forgot to add some title's

detective conan
knights of sidonia
Re:Creators
Knight's & Magic
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Mob Psycho 100
Kuromukuro

Associate

Macross + Do you remember love in japanese (Robotech english dub)
Macross Plus
Gundam Iron Blood Orphans if you haven't watched this series yet
Gundam Origins OVA which is a very good watch if you're fan of the UC era
Gundam Unicorn OVAs - If you're fan of the UC era
Guyver Bio boosted Armor OVA and TV series
Tenchi Muyo OVA + Universe + first two OVAs
Patlabor 1 and 2 OVA
Ninja Scrolls
Ghost in the shell
Akira
Rebuild Evangelion 1.0 - 3.0 if you haven't seen those yet
Outlaw Star
Tekkaman Blade (Technoman in UK)
Initial D
High School of the Dead
Jojo Bizarre Adventure

Few I can think of on top of my head at the moment.

Caporegime
2 eps in to Kekkai Sensen, I have no idea what is happening but I love it! :D

Finished this, and while I enjoyed it, it was super disjointed and had no proper flow or story arc, it seems to just have randomly grabbed stuff from the manga.

Still good fun, and the the last 2 episodes were actually great, if they had had a proper storyline in that vein throughout the show it would have been brilliant.

Soldato
4 episodes into the new season of Attack on Titan. Still not a single titan has appeared, except for Eren's brief botched transformation in the first episode. It's still really good, but... where are the titans?

I'm still not sure about that OP. It's good, but seems really out of place for this show.

A plot point:

It has now been established that if a dumb-titan eats a human with titan powers, that titan turns back into a human and now has the transformation power. So why didn't the santa-titan transform when it ate Eren in the first season?

Last edited:
Associate
Watching Devilman Crybaby on netflix at the mo and really enjoying it.

Almost shocking levels of graphic violence and lewdness contrasted with some really touching moments and a story that keeps on drawing you in - 3 episodes left to watch this evening!

Back
Top Bottom