The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Associate
Kinda disappointed that they were selling the Tenchi OVA for £35 at comiccon while amazon has it for £25 =/
I'll be buying all the Gundam release from anime limited when they are available.

Commissario
OP
Aye I'm hoping the same, I strongly suspect I'll get at least a couple of duplicates given what I've bought on DVD over the years, and what I've bought of ATA's releases, but it only really needs a couple I haven'g got to at least cover the cost of the box:)

Any duplicates will likely get given to one of my friends if they haven't got it:)

I opened up my Perfect Blu Ultimate Edition earlier and my god it's lovely:)
I'm going to sit down and read the book in the next day or two, then watch the film in a few days (currently watching a series).

Does anyone know if ATA have done an early offer on Mirai? I can't remember one but they tend to do them for most releases and I'm tempted to order it.

Associate
Does anyone know if ATA have done an early offer on Mirai? I can't remember one but they tend to do them for most releases and I'm tempted to order it.

considering that Mirai isn't even for sale yet on ata. then no there hasn't been an early bird special for it yet, as they tend to do the early bird special first week they take orders for dvd/blu-ray title. I believe the current early bird special is for "Welcome to the Ballroom: Part 1 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition" and one before this on was for "Silver Spoon: Season 1 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition"

Soldato
Tbh, I've had the collectors edition on pre-order on Amazon for ages .... I'm working on the principal that if AtA do a cheap early bird special I'll just cancel and order from them but if they don't I'm still covered ...

Commissario
OP
considering that Mirai isn't even for sale yet on ata. then no there hasn't been an early bird special for it yet, as they tend to do the early bird special first week they take orders for dvd/blu-ray title. I believe the current early bird special is for "Welcome to the Ballroom: Part 1 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition" and one before this on was for "Silver Spoon: Season 1 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition"
Cheers, I'd not noticed they'd not got it up for pre-order on their site at all.

Memyselfandi, aye I think I'll probably do that as well.

Commissario
OP
Cheers, just ordered that:)

I received the ATA warehouse clearance set Tuesday (been meaning to post about it since), it's a nice bundle even if unfortunately I've got most of it::)

Baccano!
Fireworks
Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu!
Re: Cyborg 009: Limited Edition
Junjo Romantica part 1
Junjo Romantica part 2
Silent Voice standard
Sword Art Online II, part 1 collectors edition
Your Name Steelbook

I'm probably going to give fireworks, baccano and cybog 009 to a friend.

Associate
Cheers, just ordered that:)

I received the ATA warehouse clearance set Tuesday (been meaning to post about it since), it's a nice bundle even if unfortunately I've got most of it::)

Baccano!
Fireworks
Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu!
Re: Cyborg 009: Limited Edition
Junjo Romantica part 1
Junjo Romantica part 2
Silent Voice standard
Sword Art Online II, part 1 collectors edition
Your Name Steelbook

I'm probably going to give fireworks, baccano and cybog 009 to a friend.

my one hasn't came yet but if I get the same titles as what you received, out of that listed I already own Baccano!, Re: cyborg, SAO: II part 1 and got fumoffu! as part of the Full metal panic: ultimate collection.

Caporegime
Finished God Eater. Pretty generic, very little plot or character development. Disappointing, but I guess that's what you get from an anime created purely to cash in on a video game.

Now watching Parasyte: The Maxim. WOW! This is really good, and gets quite philosophical too. Great stuff!

Caporegime
Bokurano.

WOW! This really took me by surprise. The first two episodes were slow, and left me wondering if I should abandon it altogether, but the third episode showed a hint of promise, and I decided to hang in there.

Before I say anything about the anime itself, I must pay credit to the fantastic opening theme, sung by Chiaki Ishikawa:

[youtube]05p646nlYS0[/youtube]

Ishikawa was 38 when she produced Uninstall (though she sounds at least 10 years younger). The lyrics are just as weird and disjointed as you'd expect from an anime song, but the tune is wonderfully haunting and melodic.

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to put the word 'uninstall' into an anime theme, particularly since the Japanese have an awkward relationship with the letter 'l (which is typically avoided or blended into an 'r' because it's difficult to pronounce).

At any rate, Ishikawa belts it out perfectly, as if she's been singing about lemons, lips, lozenges, and lusty lounge lizards all her life. So that was impressive all by itself.

The plot can be summarised as follows:

* Why is nothing happening?
* Hmm, let's see where this goes
* Weird flex, but OK
* Yikes, that took a turn
* Erm... this is getting a bit dark
* ****, looks like that character is completely screwed
* Bloody hell, it just got darker!
* Whew, there's some hope for our main characters after all
* Nope I was wrong; there isn't
* At least [character] is still alive
* ****, they just killed her!
* An hero appears?
* Script writer must have deceived the plot wasn't miserable enough, because that just happened
* Something about cucumbers

Bokurano has just enough elements of Neon Genesis Evangelion to provide emotional fuel without being derivative, and stands on its own merits as an excellent adaptation of the manga.

Definitely recommended.

Soldato
Well i just found and watched Usagi Drop and my god......... did i take a crit hit to the feels.

I didn't at all binge watch 11 episodes in 1 sitting and finish at 2:30am this morning....

Side note: i haven't read the Manga but i've read the Manga goes down a ... ?questionable? route if what ive read is true

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom