• Apple Watch 42mm Ceramic

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Apple Watch 42mm Nike+

Votes: 12 6.4%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 89 47.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Keeping my current 38mm SS that I bought in NY for a bargain price. I don't run or swim so the main features won't have any affect on me! Will see when the next gen brings

InQ

InQ

Associate
I have a TomTom Spark i use as my daily/activity tracker/running watch.
It does everything well (HRM, GPS and stream mp3's to my BT headphones) but i'm interested in the series 2.
Anyone use their current watch for running much or activity tracking? Does the HRM seem to work ok or roughly as expected as it seems to be the same HMR in the series 2?
I'd probably just use Strava for running.

Associate
I would say in my experience the HRM is OK. When I am sat on an exercise bike with integrated HRM it seems to be within an acceptable margin of error between them.

The fitness tracking if you don't have the phone with you is somewhat inaccurate in S1 but that is due to the lack of GPS. As such you couldn't use Strava in the standalone watch. Not sure how much that will change with S2 with it having GPS.

The music player thing is OK from the watch but you can only have one playlist on the watch. Just make it a long one as it can store 2GB

If I were you I would wait for a few hands on reviews before committing.

Soldato
I don't need it to be waterproof and I don't need the GPS I think so I will probably grab myself a Series 1 now that they have the dual-core CPU.

Yeah it's almost tempting but is there any point if I'm not a fitness freak? What can I do with it really?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It's a public poll. Click the number of votes and you can see who voted ;)

Soldato
I'm trying to decide whether to stick with my iPhone 5S, buy the new watch to give me some features that the phone doesn't have and then wait until the new iPhone next year.

Or

Just upgrade my iPhone now, upgrade it again next year and maybe buy the apple watch. Too many decisions!

I must admit though the Apple Watch is looking a lot more appealing to me this year than it did with the series 1.

Commissario
Still too bulky for me, and the battery life just isn't acceptable yet to actually use as a watch. Let's see what the next version brings.
I do disagree about the battery life. I'm a heavy user but I've not yet managed to flatten the battery. I don't wear a watch at night, I never have so it just gets charged when I'm in bed. It's no different to taking a mechanical watch off overnight.

Soldato
I've had the original watch and it lasted a full 24 hours of use before. I've even forgot to charge it overnight on multiple occasions and when I woke up it was still on 50% and enough for the next working day with ease.

Soldato
For now I will probably skip this generation, as although the features are nice, I get enough out of my first generation watch at the moment without having to worry about GPS being built in or being waterproof.

My Watch has to go into the store on Wednesday as the digital crown seal has failed and came out. May get lucky and get a new Watch Series 1 as a replacement lol.

Caporegime
My S1 would not last 24 hours on normal usage (i.e. including at least one workout).

I just charge it overnight. it actually makes useful night stand clock as you just knock the night stand and it illuminates. It is not on all the time.

That's no good, at minimum I need it to last 18 hours and charge from flat to full in 4 hours.

Don
Maybe look at switching to Android and a Wear based watch?
I easily get 24 hours from my LG Urbane and it charges to full in around 3 hours.
It's OK (using it with my iPhone at the moment by the way) but not as good as the Apple Watch IMO.

Back
Top Bottom