The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is cleared then I think they would have no choice but to charge Evra with bringing the game into disrepute or similar

You can't charge somebody for not successfully being able to prove an allegation, unless it can conclusively be proven that he's lied. As above, that's near impossible.

If any action is taken against Evra it will be for making the allegations on tv before Suarez is found guilty.

If he is cleared then I think they would have no choice but to charge Evra with bringing the game into disrepute or similar

Considering it isn't his first time I'd hope so.

During the match he seemed more interested in antagonizing our fans than Suarez.

well I'm sure the legal teams will bear that in mind when preparing their case. It's pretty rock solid.

I sense you're being sarcastic there Dan :p

Are you suggesting that if somebody is found to have lied during a FA hearing before that their credibility wouldn't be called into question when providing evidence for another hearing?

You can't charge somebody for not successfully being able to prove an allegation, unless it can conclusively be proven that he's lied. As above, that's near impossible.

If any action is taken against Evra it will be for making the allegations on tv before Suarez is found guilty.

FA hearings are on balance of probability afaik, if its 1 players word against another then it has to go against 1 of them

I sense you're being sarcastic there Dan :p

Are you suggesting that if somebody is found to have lied during a FA hearing before that their credibility wouldn't be called into question when providing evidence for another hearing?

well bonus for Suarez then surely? If there is no other evidence and Evra has previously been found guilty of lying then surely he's in the clear? Do you have a link to the section where he was found guilty of lying btw? I remember the Phelan bit but not the Evra bit apart from that they accepted he had caught that Bethell a glancing blow.

well bonus for Suarez then surely? If there is no other evidence and Evra has previously been found guilty of lying then surely he's in the clear? Do you have a link to the section where he was found guilty of lying btw? I remember the Phelan bit but not the Evra bit apart from that they accepted he had caught that Bethell a glancing blow.

I can't find a link to the actual FA document but here's the quote from it that was used in several articles at the time.
We find Evra’s account exaggerated and unreliable.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...As-damning-verdict-on-Manchester-United-.html

And my point was a general one but yes, Evra being found to have provided 'exaggerated and unreliable' evidence in the past would assist Suarez.

edit: here's a copy of the full FA report:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...v-1-Patrice-Evra-2-Chelsea-Football-Club.html

Last edited:
Fulham's talks about expanding Craven Cottage have gone further, looks like it'll definitely go ahead at some point - more details in December. Will be taking capacity over 30k, and developing more facilities, I think. Good news, and not too big of an expansion.

Considering it isn't his first time I'd hope so.

During the match he seemed more interested in antagonizing our fans than Suarez.

You mean like during the moment Suarez patted him on the head (One of those 10 racist incidents apparently) and Evra reacted by kissing the badge and signalling it to all of Anfield :p

If it's proven that Evra lied, yes. That's nigh on impossible though.

However, you'd hope that some action is taken against Evra for making the allegations on French TV before any investigation had begun.

What what what?! If some action is taken against Evra for that then what about all the **** that "King Kenny" and his lovable band of Scouse rogues have been spouting while the investigation is going on? He has shown nothing but contempt for it while United have kept quiet and let the FA get on with it as they should.

This is what I was talking about re: the Liverpool site. I apologise as it wasn't posted on the official site but was posted on Twitter by one of the site columnists (http://twitter.com/#!/Kristian_Walsh/status/125304318810267648). Having learned he was talking rubbish he tried to pretend he was making a point about not believing everything you read. Eventually (I assume he was leant on from above) he admitted he was wrong and that he was an idiot, which is something we can all agree on.

I hope Evra or Suarez gets a 10 game ban, if Evra is lying, him, if Suarez is a dirty racist on top of all his other traits then the same for him, actually he should probably just be kicked out of football. What is left for him to do that he hasn't already?

What what what?! If some action is taken against Evra for that then what about all the **** that "King Kenny" and his lovable band of Scouse rogues have been spouting while the investigation is going on? He has shown nothing but contempt for it while United have kept quiet and let the FA get on with it as they should.

What exactly has Dalglish said that you take exception to? :confused:

And I'm not sure if you're being serious about Utd keeping quiet. Taggart gave an exclusive interview to the Mirror(?) talking about racism creeping back into the game and as before, Evra made the accusations on French tv which straight away prejudices the case.

Last edited:
I hope Evra or Suarez gets a 10 game ban, if Evra is lying, him, if Suarez is a dirty racist on top of all his other traits then the same for him, actually he should probably just be kicked out of football. What is left for him to do that he hasn't already?

Did you think the same about Keane?

Also don't really see the issue with Suarez calling him mate in his native language.

Last edited:
I'm talking about the racism charges, they could become an issue.

Called him Negrito, means mate, Evra can interprut it whatever way he wants but at the end of the day it's whatever Suarez meant and I'd doubt hed admit to saying Negrito thinking it was racist.

See you totally ignored the Keane thing. Scholes is certainly in there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom