The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
walrus face made some good points and has the stats and data to back it up.

I try not to listen too much to Fat Sam but I saw a bit of his interview today and after SSN showed that Blackburn had the 4th worst discliplinary record in the league.

I also recall after Blackburn's visit to Anfield where:
- N'Zonzi grabbed Lucas by the face and chucked him to the ground,
- Chimbonda raked his studs down Maxi's chest (off the ball),
- Diouf attempted a 2 footed lunge on Gerrard (which he avoided), and was warned by the police for inciting the crowd...

...Fat Sam claimed that the ~4-5 yellow cards Blackburn received were unjust, did not give a fair reflection of Blackburn and they were being targetted :o

Needless to say, every journo in the press-conference tore him to bits.

edit: They are actually 4th not 4th bottom :o
Plenty of time for Fat Sam to turn that around though :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Danny Murphy talks utter rubbish and is merely paving the way for a lucrative pundit career. His own discipline record is far from perfect and he plays for a manager who's team are set out to be as strong and physical as any other team in the prem.

Maybe if he pumped himself up for games more he would not have been a failure at Tottenham and Liverpool rather than just been a good player in average mid table/bottom half teams.

Unfortunately for Danny, walrus face made some good points and has the stats and data to back it up.

Also I think most of the other premiership manager would agree with Sam and take issue with Murphys comment. Except Arsene of course but he is mentally ill.

Except he doesn't. What Sam said was as usual, utter garbage.

It was largely irrelevant to what Murphy actually said. Very weird that Sam seemed to answer a wholly different question, probably ignored it to continue his own agenda.

Something else is strange as well. That's the second time in a week where if somebody speaks out against 'Allerdyce tactics', then said person's alleged to have done so self gratuitously. LOL!?!?

Soldato
Last season you last you bossed possession at Chelsea but put your loss down to not having a striker up front and playing arshavin there instead

This season you bossed possession at Chelsea and had a striker upfront but still lacked a goal threat

To be honest I think apart from in the air Chamakh has shown very little from what I've seen. Certainly not up to the standards of your nearest rivals 'second choice strikers'

I'm assuming you're basing your opinion entirely on one game, as that has been his only average game this season, his worst game this season by a stretch, and he still wasn't awful, won nearly every header and kept the CB's busy. He isn't really there primarily to be a goal threat, he does a lot of running for the midfielders to create space for them, which helped in the other chances Arsenal created on the day, unfortunately Nasri et al. were no where near clinical enough

Soldato
Danny Murphy talks utter rubbish and is merely paving the way for a lucrative pundit career. His own discipline record is far from perfect and he plays for a manager who's team are set out to be as strong and physical as any other team in the prem.

Maybe if he pumped himself up for games more he would not have been a failure at Tottenham and Liverpool rather than just been a good player in average mid table/bottom half teams.

Unfortunately for Danny, walrus face made some good points and has the stats and data to back it up.

Also I think most of the other premiership manager would agree with Sam and take issue with Murphys comment. Except Arsene of course but he is mentally ill.

Blackburn

Fair play table 2008/09 - 19th

Fair play table 2007/08 - 20th

Fair play table 2006/07 - 20th

Fair play table 2005/06 - 20th

You for real? Fat Sam can distort facts as well as he wants, Blackburn are a dirty club in recent Prem history, for anybody to deny that makes them mentally ill I'm afraid

Soldato
I'm assuming you're basing your opinion entirely on one game, as that has been his only average game this season, his worst game this season by a stretch, and he still wasn't awful, won nearly every header and kept the CB's busy. He isn't really there primarily to be a goal threat, he does a lot of running for the midfielders to create space for them, which helped in the other chances Arsenal created on the day, unfortunately Nasri et al. were no where near clinical enough

Well the only other big game Arsenal have had that I can remember was against Liverpool and I dont remember him effecting that game until Reina had a spaz right at the end so not basing on it just 1 game.... just 2 of your harder games :p

Soldato
Well the only other big game Arsenal have had that I can remember was against Liverpool and I dont remember him effecting that game until Reina had a spaz right at the end so not basing on it just 1 game.... just 2 of your harder games :p

Ok, well he has shown enough to suggest that he can grow into the league and improve, hopefully he'll come good. Since you made comparisons with other teams second strikers, he's started better than Berbatov did ;)

Soldato
Ok, well he has shown enough to suggest that he can grow into the league and improve, hopefully he'll come good. Since you made comparisons with other teams second strikers, he's started better than Berbatov did ;)

well thats not exactly hard!!!!

To be fair to Berba, at least he SEEMS to have stepped upto the plate a bit more this season - even if its taken him two seasons to get there lol

Caporegime
I hate the idea of teams becoming your big rivals just because they're at the top with you. Spurs have and always will be our biggest rivals.

Agreed even though I still hate Utd, Siddy, Chelski and Lollerpool I'll always reserve a special kind of hatred for the Spuds. That's what would make it even more hilarious if they moved to East London. :p

EDIT: Has nobody brought up Fat walrus face's comment about perception? The guy says he will be able to manage Real Madrid and do the treble ever year with them no problem but he can't even grasp the English language.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP

Berbatov got into the swing of things straight away.

Spurs aren't exactly Arsenal's close rivals tbf, I meant Man Utd. There's a difference between adjusting to Spurs and Man Utd.

What does that have to do with adjusting to the PL?

Caporegime
I think maybe Jakekekekeke meant Berbatov had a hard time adjusting to life at Man Utd in his first couple of seasons. Nobody can dispute he adapted the the league it's self very quickly.

Soldato
Yeah, but still, winning the league at White Hart Lane > winning it at Old Trafford. Especially because you know its a rare sight of a proper trophy for them.

Yeah I was responding to this from Tom84 though

Certainly not up to the standards of your nearest rivals 'second choice strikers'

I suppose Spurs can be included both in league position/stadium position though recently. Was just having a needless dig ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom