The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
Watching SSN and they're asking several different managers about Murphy's comments and each 1 keeps implying that Murphy said certain managers tell their players to intentionally injure oppo players.

Murphy never said that though. Or have I missed something? :confused:

Soldato
He didn't say anything which they're responding to. Those managers are just deflecting from his good point by responding with irrelevant points and hoping that most people don't notice. That and the fact that they probably can't actually counter his points directly as he's probably bang on. We didn't need Murphy to tell us that B'burn, Stoke and Wolves are dangerous though I guess.

Don
Looks like the mornings rags will be running a story saying that Rooney has informed Utd that he won't sign a new deal and wants out.

If true Utd won't be in a great bargaining position, he'll only have 18 months on his deal come January iinm.

Man of Honour
Looks like the mornings rags will be running a story saying that Rooney has informed Utd that he won't sign a new deal and wants out.

If true Utd won't be in a great bargaining position, he'll only have 18 months on his deal come January iinm.

Oh dear, though thankfully its probably not true.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Wtf happens if we sell Rooney to one of your rivals, and then Sir Alex retires at the end of the season?

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather Fergie left and the boy stayed :/

Man of Honour
The style of football requires a 'fox in the box' as Henry pointed out years ago. However I think Francis Jeffers put him off the idea (and further the notion that there was little young English talent). Also don't forget that Henry proved it wasn't necessary to be a box striker but could drop elsewhere.

We as a side need to be more clinical rather than get more players, or at least get players who are. Arshavin for example often has his 'can't be bothered' days.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What's the going rate for a striker who hasn't scored for 7 months?

a lot if he's english,

i said this before and i got slated, rooney isnt as good as all of his hype.

tevez > rooney.

on another note i said a week or 2 ago, liverpool were no longer a top 4 side and never would be until:

a - they got some crazy rich owner who splashed the cash (like man city)
b - they got a bunch of world class players come up from their youth academy.

the game today proved this. and should hopefully silence the people who thought i was wrong. liverpool have been leaking talent for years and been buying in semi decent players to replace world class ones.

alonso, mascherano, arbeloa all gone and inferior replacements found. if they got another manager in, even mourihno couldnt get this current squad into the top 5.

they need to get some world class strikers and put gerrard back into midfield. or get some world class defenders in. i doubt they will be able to do both unless they get this new stadium built pronto.

man city are now showing to be a top 4 team, so what if they get banned from europe? so long as they win the EPL in years to come or maybe even this year? it is possible.

Don
Taggart has banned the majority of the press from his press conference today and those that are there are banned from asking about Rooney :D

Soldato
Rooney's sale wouldn't be a disaster, failing to reinvest the transfer money made from him would be though. Having said that, getting less than £30 million for him would be a bit of a disaster too.

Soldato
£30m is a bit ambitious with him out of contract soon and apparently not signing another one. Also he's horribly out of form. Suppose he is English though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom