The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
£30m is a bit ambitious with him out of contract soon and apparently not signing another one. Also he's horribly out of form. Suppose he is English though.
We paid 24m for lescott so Rooney is 40m+....now imo hes not worth that and never has been. Though i would like him at city and could see him thrive next to Tevez but i would prefer Tevez and Balotelli.
I cant help thinking that the sheikh wants a new 'marquee signing' which has a much higher chance than Robinho of succeeding and so i will not be suprised if we do bid and get him as i cant imagine him wanting to uproot his family and move to Madrid where chances are he wont perform.

Last edited:
Soldato
We paid 24m for lescott so Rooney is 40m+....now imo hes not worth that and never has been. Though i would like him at city and could see him thrive next to Tevez but i would prefer Tevez and Balotelli.
I cant help thinking that the sheikh wants a new 'marquee signing' which has a much higher chance than Robinho of succeeding and so i will not be suprised if we do bid and get him as i cant imagine him wanting to uproot his family and move to Madrid where chances are he wont perform.

As I said in the other thread, I don't want Rooney anywhere near City. We don't need an inform Rooney, let alone an out of form one. Maybe if Balotelli turns out to be a load of hump we can look for another striker but even then not Rooney. I don't think we need a marquee signing either, if anything we want the focus to stay off with regards to our transfers and wages. Whether we could afford him or not is irrelevant, we have enough to worry about levelling up the books in time for the Uefa thing and another 35m+ signing + the ludicrous wages he would undoubtedly demand doesn't help that one bit.

Couldn't see him learning Spanish. Couldn't see Wenger spending big on him either. He belongs at Man U and the faster he bucks his ideas up and starts being good again the better (or worse if you support anyone else ofc).

Soldato
In what world would you not want an in-form Rooney? I know you're above United in the league but let's not be ridonculous.

Soldato
As I said in the other thread, I don't want Rooney anywhere near City. We don't need an inform Rooney, let alone an out of form one. Maybe if Balotelli turns out to be a load of hump we can look for another striker but even then not Rooney. I don't think we need a marquee signing either, if anything we want the focus to stay off with regards to our transfers and wages. Whether we could afford him or not is irrelevant, we have enough to worry about levelling up the books in time for the Uefa thing and another 35m+ signing + the ludicrous wages he would undoubtedly demand doesn't help that one bit.

Couldn't see him learning Spanish. Couldn't see Wenger spending big on him either. He belongs at Man U and the faster he bucks his ideas up and starts being good again the better (or worse if you support anyone else ofc).
No your right lets just rely on Tevez for all our goals this year :rolleyes:. I too dont really want him but if the opportunity arises we would be mad not to to offer imo. There is nothing to worry about, we will easily make the requirements as said by many writers in blogs etc when the rules came out.

Soldato
In what world would you not want an in-form Rooney? I know you're above United in the league but let's not be ridonculous.

Read again. I didn't say I didn't want an inform Rooney, anyone would love an inform Rooney. I said we didn't need an inform Rooney. Not just because I think we're hardly terrible in that area, but for the reasons I mentioned after regarding wages/uefa and unnesecary attention.

BizKid - I don't expect Tevez to score all our goals, quit the rolley eyes. I expect Balotelli, Johnson, Silva, Jo and the rest of the squad to chip in a few.

Soldato
BizKid - I don't expect Tevez to score all our goals, quit the rolley eyes. I expect Balotelli, Johnson, Silva, Jo and the rest of the squad to chip in a few.
Well so far none have really but Silva is getting better by the game so i suppose your right.
And Dan its not just bloggers its also our CEO,Head of football etc

Soldato
Rumours of Tommy Verm being out for the year. ****ing hell, what a disaster

Wenger at today's AGM - "Vermaelen is longer term, don't know when he will play again"

Shocking :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom