The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
20 minutes ago it was breaking on SSN that Drogba's been diagnosed with malaria. Now Ancelotti is saying that he had it but he's now recovered from it.

I'm no doctor but surely you don't recover from malaria in a day, or was did he have malaria months ago or something? :confused:

Soldato
It is a bit weird, they must have only just got the results back but he's healed up already. All sounds a bit strange, though could be Ancelotti's broken English making it more confusing than it is

Soldato
Chelsea have announced assistant manager Ray Wilkins is leaving the club after they decided not to renew his contract.

:eek: quite surprised by this, although I think he's a **** he's a good coach. Wonder if he'll return to Fulham (again).

Don
Looks like Redknapp has stamped his mark on Spurs:

Pre-Redknapp = Spurs make a pre-tax profit of £39.9m
With Redknapp = Spurs make pre-tax loss of £6.5m

He really has turned things around ;)

Caporegime
OP
Looks like Redknapp has stamped his mark on Spurs:

Pre-Redknapp = Spurs make a pre-tax profit of £39.9m
With Redknapp = Spurs make pre-tax loss of £6.5m

He really has turned things around ;)

You and I both know that Redknapp has nothing to do with the finances at Spurs.

The fact of the matter is that we have been investing more into the club to provide future stability. These things come at a price.

Don
I've not looked at the accounts in detail but an article I read said the turnaround was almost completely down to player trading and wages. You're trying to say that Redknapp has nothing to do with this?

Caporegime
OP
I've not looked at the accounts in detail but an article I read said the turnaround was almost completely down to player trading and wages. You're trying to say that Redknapp has nothing to do with this?

Redknapp tells Levy who he wants, and Levy goes about the business. Any financial matters rest with Levy and I'm glad it works that way.

Don
That's what Redknapp said happened at Pompey too. It must just be a coincidence that Redknapp's arrival coincides with a ~£45m turnaround :p

Caporegime
OP
RAFAEL VAN DER VAART reckons Harry Redknapp is the Special One - not Jose Mourinho.

The former Real Madrid star claims life at the Bernabeu under Mourinho was 'boring'.
But he says Redknapp's laid-back approach at White Hart Lane makes his new boss very special.

Van der Vaart, 27, insists he has rediscovered not just his form at Tottenham but also his love for the game.

The Dutch playmaker said: "Harry is a very special man, that's why I already feel at home at Spurs. It feels like I'm back on the street.

"There are no long and boring speeches about tactics, like I was used to at Real Madrid.

"There is a clipboard in our dressing room but Harry doesn't write anything on it!

"It's very relaxed. The gaffer gives us the line-up 20 minutes before we go out to do our warm-up.

"And the only words he speaks to me are 'You play left or right, work hard, have fun and show the fans your best'.

"Then the defenders get an instruction about who to mark at corners and free-kicks - and that's it."

The Dutch Master, who has hit seven goals already this season, says training at Tottenham is equally low-key.

He added: "It's not that we do nothing - but it's close to that.

"For instance, last weekend Gareth Bale scored a header against Blackburn from my corner.

"But we didn't train one minute on it, it was pure luck. Good kicking, good heading, nothing more.

"And our win at home over Champions League winners Inter Milan was a clear example of playing on intuition. You can't train the goal I scored in that game.

"Of course the players need to have the qualities to end in the good position and the gaffer has to select the best squad.

"But in the end, it's all about feeling and that's what I have right now at Spurs.

"I try to give the best assist possible and guys like Bale try to score a goal out of it. That's our tactic!"

No wonder Van der Vaart cannot stop scoring and cannot stop smiling. He insisted: "Playing in the Premier League was a long-time dream not just for me, but also for my wife.

"She loves England and London and we've been talking for years about how nice it would be to play and live in this fantastic country.

"I have been dreaming about the Premier League since I was a kid. Now I'm finally there and I love it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom