The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open letter from Daniel Levy on the Spurs site.

Jist of it is that the final bid for the Olympic Stadium site was submitted at Noon today, a new stadium will be built in its place based on the design for the WHL revamp, and they refuse to keep a track in the stadium to the poor spectator experience it causes. The OS stands will be 45m from the pitch. The proposed design will be 8m.

No word on any forced name change from the move though. I know that there could be some issues that arise from using Tottenham if we move.

Open letter from Daniel Levy on the Spurs site.

Jist of it is that the final bid for the Olympic Stadium site was submitted at Noon today, a new stadium will be built in its place based on the design for the WHL revamp, and they refuse to keep a track in the stadium to the poor spectator experience it causes. The OS stands will be 45m from the pitch. The proposed design will be 8m.

No word on any forced name change from the move though. I know that there could be some issues that arise from using Tottenham if we move.

I've heard through work that Spurs are going to struggle to get a deal due to them not wanting the track.

Kind of makes out our Olympic bid as being a big lie because we promised to promote athletics at grass roots if we got the Olympics, if Spurs rip out the track it comes across as the opposite.

My Mrs is PA to the strategy director of the company building most of the Olympic projects (village, stadiums, pools etc) and he reckons Spurs don't have a chance.

I've never been to a stadium with a track in it is it really that bad for football fans? Roma/Lazio seemingly never complain, yet recently a Spanish side (Sociedad?) moved on due to those very reasons.

Well I suppose it detaches the crowd from the play.

Players always bang on about playing in stadiums where the fans are closer to the pitch as having better atmospheres so it must make a difference.

It's an oddly detailed general subject... doesn't one of the Milans have to relay their pitch every Summer because their stands are too close to the pitch and the grass doesn't get enough rain or sun? :p

My Mrs is PA to the strategy director of the company building most of the Olympic projects (village, stadiums, pools etc) and he reckons Spurs don't have a chance.
Erm...

It's an oddly detailed general subject... doesn't one of the Milans have to relay their pitch every Summer because their stands are too close to the pitch and the grass doesn't get enough rain or sun? :p

Erm...

Well the "Milans" play on the same pitch so if one of them relays the pitch I imagine the other one will as well :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom