The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I do think it was the better option to give it to West Ham, made more sense really, the main sticking point is will they fill it (or even nearly?) every game, then again I'm not exactly convinced Spurs would, they'd probably get more in though

Soldato
aah so Gimp lives in wolverhampton, that explains the upset with wolves. still fancy that bet of a ton? i only live 30 mins away, i could come and collect in person, be interesting to see if you still had the same big man attitude face to face :)

Permabanned
I do think it was the better option to give it to West Ham, made more sense really, the main sticking point is will they fill it (or even nearly?) every game, then again I'm not exactly convinced Spurs would, they'd probably get more in though

Spurs have something ridiculous like 35k on the PAID season ticket waiting list, they'd fill it no problem.

Soldato
was it something like 80% of polled londoners wanted WH to get it? Didn't a fairly high proportion of Spurs fans even want to stay in Tottenham?

Caporegime
OP
Enjoy.

brighton52.jpg

Caporegime
OP
was it something like 80% of polled londoners wanted WH to get it? Didn't a fairly high proportion of Spurs fans even want to stay in Tottenham?

Those who didn't get the point that a move is going to happen one way or another.

Wouldn't be surprised if the club ends up being sold over this.

Caporegime
When has a newspaper ever cared about facts? :p

Brady was rambling on about how it would be a waste of the taxpayers money for us to rebuild the stadium, when in actual fact, a very small amount would have been lost, which of course would have been reinvested by Spurs, so I don't see the problem there. Not only that, but Crystal Palace also would have been redeveloped.

Then you have the fact that the vast majority of fans do not want a running pitch in their stadium. Athletics and football cannot co-exist perfectly. The distance between the stands and the pitch is an absolute joke, and something that West Ham were also against until the OS went ahead with the running track, put the stadium up for bids and received no offers.

Spurs' proposal for the OS was financially sound, and any monkey could see that there's a much greater possibility of Spurs filling that stadium than West Ham, especially when they start to realise how much the running track will leave them feeling separated from the action. Be prepared for an expensive library in Stratford.

Part of me is glad we remain in Tottenham, but the other part believes that this will set us back a number of years.

Well West Ham say it would waste half a billion and Spurs say it would waste about the same cost as a pint, the truth is somewhere inbetween but this was my point, neither side were very open and public about the facts.

TO suggest I can't comment without facts, when neither club and the most in need of public support in Spurs made few if any "facts" available is laughable.

Spurs lost this due to the worst PR campaign in the world, several poles have been done on londoners and most of them are 75% + in favour of West Ham getting it.

Ability to sell it out is NOT A RUDDY FACTOR in who gets the stadium, financial stability, West Ham do not need to sell out 60k seats every week to make a profit, its that simple really.

AS said, two possibilities, Spurs get it, West Ham can't afford a stadium, Spurs build a crappy stadium in Crystal palace and Palace can't build a new stadium.

West Ham get it, can afford that no problem, Spurs build their own stadium, can afford it(or they supposedly could), Palace get to build a great new stadium for themselves at their old home.

So, 3 stadiums, or one, 3 redevelopements, or one(done twice).

AS for how much wouldn't get wasted, I think suggesting its not much is utterly ridiculous.

Foundations are important and cost A LOT, but its going to cost West Ham 80-90mil to take down the previously designed to be removed part of the stadium and rebuild small parts of it, sorry but knocking the whole thing down and starting from just the foundations is going to be hugely hugely more costly, and yes, it will waste a LOT of taxpayers money.

Personally I'd suggest Spurs have been very NOT public about the actual plans as putting the official price out there would have looked very very bad.

If Spurs plan was to make great use and little waste of the existing stadium they'd be pushing the plans all around the papers on a weekly basis to prove they are the better candidate, theres really no reason to not do this, unless most of the plans are fairly negative.

Caporegime
Spurs have something ridiculous like 35k on the PAID season ticket waiting list, they'd fill it no problem.

Thats just not how it actually works, LOADS of people, like almost the majority get on the list because it can take a decade to get to the point of being offered a season ticket, same with the Arsenal list, I got on the Arsenal season ticket list, I couldn't afford it if it came up today.

Then there ARE fans who couldn't make the journey and would no longer go and there ARE fans who wouldn't make the journey.

35k season tickets and 35k waiting list doesn't in any way mean 70k sold out every week, but again, selling out the stadium is no requirement at all at any stage for the bids.

Soldato
The easy option was chosen rather than the sensible option.

It's going to be an atmosphere-free white elephant that Newham council will have to subsidise.

Don
use the other thread for discussion re the use of the Olympic stadium, this thread is for a bit off a laugh on subjects of no real importance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom