The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Anyone seen some of the Szczesny "tweets"? I think it's fair to say most managers would have had a word by now but he keeps on posting..:confused:
Some gems:
- Theo apologised yesterday. Wonder if Berbatov is going to apologise today...
I guess that's why Berbatov played for Spurs..

- How can you not get frustrated with decitions like that going ALWAYS Man Utds way?! Its a clear pen and sending off!

- Is it a plane? Is it an aeroplane? No, its just ashley throwing chelsea out of the fa cup

- Tweeps what do you think Ashley was aiming for when he took his penalty?

I'd be a bit embarrassed if I was a gunners fan

Caporegime
Player calling it like it is, no problem with that, Theo getting a goal on the side of 89 minutes of being utterly woeful and doing interviews and talking about how angry he was he didn't go to the world cup etc, thats embarassing. He also tweets some proper rubbish, though I could be thinking of someone else.

Of course, tweeting itself is rather embarassing, a lot of footballers are guilty of it.

Inteligent and sensible comments + twitter? Why would anyone expect that?

Caporegime
Born in Leicester, and support them all my life.;)

Who do you support ?

I didn't mean to touch a raw nerve. Seems like no plastic supporters here.;)

Where a bouts are you from in Leicester? I happen to live there at the moment :)

"plastic" supports? It's an old argument, we've had before and unfortunately doesn't stand up.

I support Sheffield Wednesday. Second club is Manchester United, also was a member and supported Denaby United (Grandad was chairman for a number of years) until it went out of business. Also go and watch Leicester form time to time as all my friends round 'ere support 'em.

I have a picture of my Grandad with the F.A. Cup in my wallet from his days involved in Denaby :) Happy times. Loved that ground.
Filbert Street was better then the Walkers stadium.

Associate
Hi Tummy, living in Swansea at the moment. My second team is Swansea, absolutely hate Cardiff City.

Yeah, I loved Filbert Street, but also love the Walkers too.

The reason I went on about "Plastic Supporters" it's so easy to support a big successful club,than your home team, and experience the real feelings that football has to offer, as I'm sure you are with Sheff Weds and me with the Foxes.

The Championship has the tightest finish for auto and play-offs at the moment.

Caporegime
People can support who they want, I have no doubt that quite a lot of people "like" their local or home town club, but people are free to support who they want, such is life. Don't doubt their support either.

Where a bouts where you from in Leicester?

Walkers Stadium is void of atmosphere and it's all new and meh, lacks the spirit and feel of Filbert Street.

I also go watch Manchester United as well as being a season ticket holder at Wednesday and I'll happily watch Leicester with the lads. Doncaster if I'm desperate. Why do you hate Cardiff so much?

Championship might be tense and tight, but it's also void of footballing talent. It's okay :p The Premier League isn't that much better.

Soldato
According to the mirror Arsene is going to break from tradition and go on a tour of Japan. Supposedly this will net us an extra £15m this year. Absolutely stupid profits going to be announced in September. I think if we have continued repaying debt at a rate similar to the last few years we should be debt free and post a £65m+ pre tax profit.

Caporegime
According to the mirror Arsene is going to break from tradition and go on a tour of Japan. Supposedly this will net us an extra £15m this year. Absolutely stupid profits going to be announced in September. I think if we have continued repaying debt at a rate similar to the last few years we should be debt free and post a £65m+ pre tax profit.

Nice, but I usually don't trust what The Mirror say on all things Arsenal. Especially Oliver Holt, did you read his comments on the Arsenal v Barcelona game? All of that "Even when Barcelona lose, they win" drivel? Same with John Cross he's absolutely full of ****. :p

Man of Honour

Wouldn't really trust robust sources like The Mirror.

However we've needed to do a money spinning tour for a long time, it seems to have affected other sides' pre season preparations little if at all and we're missing out.

If we can the stadium paid early that's great. I heard figures of 2017 for ages so...

Caporegime
My guess would be instead of playing massively brilliant and money bringing in games against, sides in Belgium, or Switzerland, we'll be playing in Japan, then we'll come back for the Emirates cup as usual then the season starts.

Honestly its a bit silly that every other team in the world has gone off making a tonne of cash, while we play some team no ones ever heard of.

Its more than anything a simple case of training in some dodgey backwater facilities near a local team in the middle of no where, vs, say a tour of America and training in some of the top facilities in the world and making bundles of cash while you do it. Really shouldn't be a hard choice business wise.

For everything Arsenal do well in a business sense, we throw away cash for no reason in another area. Lack of pre-season money earning opportunities the likes of Utd have used for a decade. Ridiculous, epic fail of a shirt sponsorship deal. The top 4-5 deals are over £20mil a year and we get £10 a year for both shirt and stadium, call it £5mil for each. That difference would be an entirely new Arshavin EVERY YEAR over the deal we have now. Pretty much just those two things together would net us £30mil every year for the past 5 years, two Arshavins and his wages every season, a proper £30mil rated CB, who is actually world class.

THen you've got things like, selling Song and not giving him 2-3mil a year, Denilson, Diaby, Rosicky, the waste that was/is the Hoytes, Chamakh.

We're profitable but we really should be making so much more every year, or having the ability to spend a lot on players and wages while staying at current profit levels.

Soldato
I love how an article about friendlies in India has somehow been turned into bashing Denilson, Diaby, Song et al. DM please change the ****ing record, we know how you feel now, honestly, you don't need to keep copy/pasting into every post you do.

Soldato
I think one of them is up for renegotiation soon. Should get it bumped up to closer to £20m for which ever one it is. Maybe they will knock a couple of quid off every ticket for every game. Make it a bit more affordable.

We have also signed another Barcelona teenager :D Jon Toral. He is half english half spanish. Hopefully another Wilshire/Fabregas in the making.

Also Ramsey will be recalled at the weekend and expects to play some part in the FA Cup Replay. We can see how good he really is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom