The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Absolutely brilliant interview with Adebayor by Leon Mann

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13362720.stm
Would like him to come back and have said a few times on the city forums that we dont need to spend should Tevez leave. We can just bring back Adebayor.

What is worrying me is that Mancini like Adebayor says does not respect some of his players and it is because of this he kicked Ade out and Bellamy. Tevez's problem likely lies with Marwood and Cook but maybe Mancini is also involved.

A fully fit, confident and happy Adebayor is an incredible player. A not confident, frustrated player is awful and is why lots of City fans don't want him back . But with Tevez now probably leaving and Balotelli/Dzeko not firing yet + a possible Tevez replacement not settling, bringing back Adebayor would be a good idea.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Would like him to come back and have said a few times on the city forums that we dont need to spend should Tevez leave. We can just bring back Adebayor.

You're such a fair weather fan it's unbelievable!!

How many times have you sat there and slagged Adebayor off?

One interview and you want him back LoL :D

Plank.

Soldato
You're such a fair weather fan it's unbelievable!!

How many times have you sat there and slagged Adebayor off?

One interview and you want him back LoL :D

Plank.

I have slagged him off a lot. Never said i haven't. He was putting in no effort and seemed disruptive.

However if he is too be believed then his form at the time (when i was slagging him) was because of Mancini.

He seems like he wants to come back to City and sort it out with Mancini and if he can then he can be a excellent player for us if Tevez leaves.
If Tevez does not leave then i don't want him near the club as it is a complete waste having him on the bench.

Last edited:
Soldato
He's framed it on his bedroom wall.

I was reading about it over on Blue Moon and they had all reassured themselves the article was a joke, until the official site's webmaster came along and confirmed it had been commissioned as a serious piece. :o Never has an official site been more out of a touch with a club's supporters.

Man of Honour
From next year it appears 4 Champions League spots will go to Germany rather than Italy.

Great news. The Bundesliga's been really good these last few years, especially this season while Serie A's been utterly dire for a while now.

Caporegime
I have slagged him off a lot*. Never said i haven't. He was putting in no effort and seemed disruptive.

However if he is too be believed then his form at the time (when i was slagging him) was because of Mancini.

*fixed :p

Also, you've always defended Mancini! So you've gone from hating Ade and being in favour of Mancini to the opposite? :confused:

Soldato
*fixed :p

Also, you've always defended Mancini! So you've gone from hating Ade and being in favour of Mancini to the opposite? :confused:
I never really 'hated' Ade it was just so frustrating watching him play in some games. I still like Mancini but i am just saying that Adebayor was playing good in games before Mancini changed his mind and if of course Adebayor is too be believed then Mancini was the reason behind his terrible performances after.
So i am just saying Mancini has made some bad personal decisions.

I am not too bothered if Adebayor never returns but i was just saying he would not be a bad replacement for Tevez if he leaves because he is a good striker and we need to sort the finances out from next season onwards.

And he only wants Adebayor back as a replacement for Tevez... I can think of so many I'd rather have than Adebarndoor.

:confused:
I can think of a lot more strikers as well but i was just saying that if Tevez left we could do worse than bringing back a Prem ready striker in Ade.

I would love Aguero etc but we need to start sorting out the squad/wages so spending 40m+ on a striker wouldn't make sense unless of course Adebayor didn't want to come back at all.

Soldato
Hulk is much more of a Tevez replacement than Ade.
Yes. I love Hulk and he is a top player which i think would be a great player in the Prem.

I was just saying Adebayor isn't a bad option as a replacement because we still have quality strikers in Dzeko and Balotelli who i think will make a big impact next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom