The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
To be fair, I think the main purpose of the demonstration was a protest against the hike in ticket prices. After all, Arsenal are hardly desperate for cash and already have the most expensive tickets around(?).

Don
I agree. Clubs will continue to rip fans off as much as they can. Holding a protest won't change anything while they continue to renew their season tickets.

Caporegime
Bunch of muppets, the lot of them. Arsenal are one of the best run clubs around so all I'd say is be careful what you wish for.

To be fair, I think the main purpose of the demonstration was a protest against the hike in ticket prices. After all, Arsenal are hardly desperate for cash and already have the most expensive tickets around(?).

Yes, Arsenal are FAR from one of the best run clubs around, they certainly aren't badly run, but we throw away money left right and centre. We don't make a loss in general because we charges significantly higher prices than both Chelsea and Utd, you know, teams that offer trophies most seasons. In general more successful teams in more successful positions tend to charge the most for tickets, Arsenal are taking the pee.

Again I'll point out, Barca just signed a 25mil a year shirt deal, Bayern have a 23mil a year deal, Utd are on 20mil, Liverpool are just behind that IIRC Arsenal get 5 mil a year for the shirt, and 5 for the stadium, 100mil over 10 years. WE signed this deal at the peak of our success, IE when we should have gotten the most. If we'd signed an AVERAGE deal compared to Chelsea/Utd/Real/etc, we'd have gotten a 20mil a year shirt and stadium deal, thats 100mil we've thrown away for no reason at all, if we got a great deal on shirt/stadium sponsorship maybe we've thrown away 150-200mil the club would otherwise have gotten, sorry but that IS bad business, very bad business.

Its those kinds of things that cost Arsenal a huge amount and cause the need for the most expensive tickets in the league.

A better run Arsenal could easily be bringing in 20-30mil extra a season and turning that into cheaper tickets.

If Arsenal charged what Chelsea/Spurs/Liverpool did for tickets, we'd make a decent loss most seasons.

Cheets, I don't know what you're talking about, Arsenal fans have been being ripped off more than any other fans in the country for years, and years now. Its not JUST next season, there are no fans out there at all that can complain more than Arsenal fans over ticket prices.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Bunch of muppets, the lot of them. Arsenal are one of the best run clubs around so all I'd say is be careful what you wish for.

Yes, Arsenal are FAR from one of the best run clubs around, they certainly aren't badly run, but we throw away money left right and centre. We don't make a loss in general because we charges significantly higher prices than both Chelsea and Utd, you know, teams that offer trophies most seasons. In general more successful teams in more successful positions tend to charge the most for tickets, Arsenal are taking the pee.

Again I'll point out, Barca just signed a 25mil a year shirt deal, Bayern have a 23mil a year deal, Utd are on 20mil, Liverpool are just behind that IIRC Arsenal get 5 mil a year for the shirt, and 5 for the stadium, 100mil over 10 years. WE signed this deal at the peak of our success, IE when we should have gotten the most. If we'd signed an AVERAGE deal compared to Chelsea/Utd/Real/etc, we'd have gotten a 20mil a year shirt and stadium deal, thats 100mil we've thrown away for no reason at all.

Its those kinds of things that cost Arsenal a huge amount and cause the need for the most expensive tickets in the league.

A better run Arsenal could easily be bringing in 20-30mil extra a season and turning that into cheaper tickets. Shirt/stadium sponsorship, and while the rest of the entire league pretty much has been pimping themselves around the world for brand recognition, fan base growing, etc, etc, Arsene has been rather daftly playing epically poor teams in random small villages in the middle of no where in Europe.

It might be a long flight to Asia, but Utd are doing preseason training against, better teams, in tougher conditions, and making a shedload of cash doing so.

Instead Arsenal are sticking to their principles by training in easier conditions, playing rubbish teams who offer no actual training benefit in playing, and making zero money in the process. Spurs are doing it, Blackburn did it. Its bad business to not do it, and its yet more money we turn our noses up at, then ask the fans to make up from their own pockets.

If Arsenal charged what Chelsea/Spurs/Liverpool did for tickets, we'd make a decent loss most seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom