The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I find it amusing a Wigan fan of all people trying to have a pop at a Champion's League team. Keep dreaming cheets ;)

Soldato
On the topic of Arsenal keepers (previous page) I'd highly recommend Wojciech Szczesny.

We've had some fairly decent keeprs at Griffin Park over the past few years but Szczesny was unbelievable. Saved us a good 12 points throughout the season and looked completely solid. Good in the air, great shot stopper and organised the defence well. He does have an arrogant element to his game, which may take a hammering should he step up to the Arsenal first team but he barely put a foot wrong in League One. Goalkeeping isn't too disimilar throughout the leagues, and especially when you have to take into account the dodgy pitches and exposure to the elements that you'll get at League One and Two grounds.

I remember thinking last year thinking that we had the best of the Arsenal goalkeepers on loan to us.

Wenger should definitely the guy a crack at the first team.

Soldato
Associate
Word is that Woodgate needs another Op.

End of his career pretty much. Retirement is nailed on now I'd say.

Are his "injury" problems still the same as the ones he was rumoured to have at Leeds/Newcastle/Real? Another footballer who seems to have wasted his career (he was better than Rio at Leeds) though I feel little sympathy as he seemed to be a idiot (and that's being very kind).

Soldato
On the topic of Arsenal keepers (previous page) I'd highly recommend Wojciech Szczesny.

We've had some fairly decent keeprs at Griffin Park over the past few years but Szczesny was unbelievable. Saved us a good 12 points throughout the season and looked completely solid. Good in the air, great shot stopper and organised the defence well. He does have an arrogant element to his game, which may take a hammering should he step up to the Arsenal first team but he barely put a foot wrong in League One. Goalkeeping isn't too disimilar throughout the leagues, and especially when you have to take into account the dodgy pitches and exposure to the elements that you'll get at League One and Two grounds.

I remember thinking last year thinking that we had the best of the Arsenal goalkeepers on loan to us.

Wenger should definitely the guy a crack at the first team.

The atletico madrid keeper is looking really good and his contract expires soon. Word is that they are offering him a poor contract and fergie is ready to sign him.

Man of Honour
Are his "injury" problems still the same as the ones he was rumoured to have at Leeds/Newcastle/Real? Another footballer who seems to have wasted his career (he was better than Rio at Leeds) though I feel little sympathy as he seemed to be a idiot (and that's being very kind).

He's not very clever, but I never heard of any 'rumoured' injury problems when he was at Leeds.

Plenty of injury problems, but no 'rumoured' ones.

He was indeed better than Rio at Leeds. Rio was bought as a 3rd choice centre half behind Woody and the Chief.

Caporegime
The atletico madrid keeper is looking really good and his contract expires soon. Word is that they are offering him a poor contract and fergie is ready to sign him.

Arsenal would never make a bid for him, Atletico need money and have slapped a ridiculous price tag on him, somewhere in the region of £17,000,000. We should make an improved bid for Lloris or use Arshavin's Russian influence to butter up Akinfeev who is highly rated and young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom